"GTA: World" Season II or "Thoughts on Wipes"

Rekhoem

The only wipe that may become necessary with time is a money wipe. There comes a point in time where things become so hyper inflated due to more money being introduced than what is feasible to spend. A good example of this is 5k/hr for your first 40 hours. 

3 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

The only wipe that may become necessary with time is a money wipe. There comes a point in time where things become so hyper inflated due to more money being introduced than what is feasible to spend. A good example of this is 5k/hr for your first 40 hours. 

The latter part of this is incorrect. That money helps new players get a vehicle and place to live that's within reason. The problem isn't the money. It's the people that spend their entire 200,000 bonus towards an elegy or some other stupidly overpriced car their character "needs" and are homeless. Every character I've had on this server, I've gotten a mostly acceptable vehicle and a place to live and still had enough money to go out and RP at bars or whatever.

My point is, it's not the money, it's the playerbase not utilizing the way it's intended.

• Upvote 1

there is no need for wipes. They only used to do this back in maybe 2010 to attract new comers, fix vital bugs, couldn't update the server hence they had to wipe everything on it as it couldn't be loaded on a new version, too many inactive houses and cars, and so on. There are a big variety of tools nowadays which can easly be dealt with without destroying  profiles. So yeah, I won't see this happening anytime soon in 2020 on any popular server.

Edited by Darius94
16 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

Good troll

I must've forgotten that it is scientifically impossible to have a proper discussion about anything other than hip hop and guns in this community.
There is no troll here. It is just genuine curiosity about the thoughts of people here on it.