"GTA: World" Season II or "Thoughts on Wipes"

Rekhoem

I see the benefits of this, I think, if we were able to build something from scratch with the playerbase we have and the expertise we now have, a lot of things could work better or begin from a more immersive point so to speak. In addition, it'll allow us to perhaps rebalance parts of the economy that could use with an overhaul not permitted in the current climate.

However, the issue brought up by many here comes to play, how many people would be willing to come back in that event? How many would just leave and start anew elsewhere? Overall, I believe this may be a significant roadblock to this and render the original intention moot.

people put months and sometimes years into development, wiping the character(s) would be a kick in the stomach. when people are done with their development it's up to them whether they put them aside or delete them.

i've put a year of my time into Selena's development in no way would I be happy or anyone be happy if that got wiped one day.

no.

I disagree. I don't want whole factions, characters that have been built up for weeks, months, or perhaps years to just be wiped. Also, this would turn the server into a massive grind, something similar to the game Rust where people will just non stop play after a ''wipe'' and grind items to be on top. People will always try to show off. I can only imagine the workload staff ''departments'' like property management will have when dozens of people will start requesting businesses to run etc, it will take lots of time to set this all up and I simply don't think that it would be possible. People will have the characters that they enjoy playing removed, which either makes them have to start up a similar or identical character or spend lots of time thinking about a new concept. Overall, I think it would be an unnecessary change.

Most of the community (and me) would be disencouraged to RP further if an idea like this would be introduced officially. Not every person swaps characters or plays on lot of alts; most of them, in fact just log in and RP only one character and they're known of that character only and forcing them to create new person and start from the very beginning would be pretty boring for me.