Having radios accessible to everyone ig

NBA

Should radios be accessible to everyone or people who would realistically carry them because of the job they're in?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should radios be accessible to everyone or people who would realistically carry them because of their job?

• Accessible to everyone
    • Only to people who would realistically carry them such as EMT, LSPD, LSFD, Security Guards, etc.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/10/2020 at 05:00 AM

Just now, Kaxo said:

He's talking about why they use them in the game, not real life bro. 

Exactly, my point.  Why use them ig when irl they don't use it. I thought this server was based on realism?

Just now, eTaylor said:

And that should be enforced as such. My only problem is with the stance that you need admin permission. It would mean radios are only applicable to what that admin subjectively believes may use a radio. An easy solution to the problem is by adding chat functions to phones, so that radios aren’t used in that matter as a substitute. 

I really don't think people are using them as a group chat function, at least not the gang RPers I'm around. 

I seen one person suggest using them for this purpose on the forums once, it was met with mostly negative responses if I remember correctly. 

I also remember seeing something about adding group chats causing too much of a database load for it to be feasible. 

Just now, NBA said:

Exactly, my point.  Why use them ig when irl they don't use it. I thought this server was based on realism?

What gangbangers are using radios? I legit haven't witnessed this myself and my "main" character is a gangbanger. 

29 minutes ago, Gambler said:

Okay, so you post this twice and I have to ask.
What is that you're trying to protect here? What is in danger?

Poor portrayal? Report them.

Blatants abuse of the radio? Report them.

Non-rp usage? Report them. 
You don't like them? Don't use them.

This sounds like the most reasonable course of action.

• Upvote 1
  • Bash locked this topic
  • Bash unlocked this topic

Be civil please. If it starts to get out of hand I will lock again until an admin can make a decision on if the discussion should continue.

L&A per player request

Edited by Bash
Nevermind player wanted it L&A.....
  • Bash locked this topic