Having radios accessible to everyone ig

NBA

Should radios be accessible to everyone or people who would realistically carry them because of the job they're in?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should radios be accessible to everyone or people who would realistically carry them because of their job?

• Accessible to everyone
    • Only to people who would realistically carry them such as EMT, LSPD, LSFD, Security Guards, etc.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/10/2020 at 05:00 AM

I decide to create a new topic since my old topic was clearly illogical. I'm against everyone having access to radios in game. First of not everyone properly rps it, second it's unrealistic for everyone to use a radio in their daily life, third why would gangbangers, or club goers use one? I believe the radios should only be accessible to people who would realistically carry one based on their job requirements, like LSPD, EMT, LSFD, security guards, etc. 

Radios need to be turned into an actual item everyone can buy at a convenience store in order to be used. Exceptions can be made for those who join government agencies, as these radios are typically provided by the respective departments. Additionally, earpieces should be added and the ability to connect them to radios. If somebody has a radio tuned into a certain frequency but does not have earpieces plugged in, people nearby said person should be able to hear what others speak into the radio. If they have an earpiece plugged in, they shouldn't be able to.

However, I believe radios should not be available to everyone. I suggest implementing a system where players need to obtain admin permission first before purchasing radios, after providing them with a reasonable explanation (i.e. somebody who works for a security company). Then, at the convenience store, the clerk needs to ensure the buyer has evidence of such permission before going through with the sale. Alternatively, once in the menu at the convenience store, when you try to purchase a radio, admins should be alerted and immediately contact the player for the reason. If valid, maybe a /allowradiosale [ID] command should be added to allow the radio purchase to take place, then the confirmation from the clerk. If not, /denyradiosale [ID]. The commands do not have to be exactly these ones, but hopefully you get the idea behind them.

While this may add some admin dependency, I believe this ensures quality and realistic radio usage, which is the end goal I want to believe we are all trying to achieve here.

Edited by Shaderz
Just now, Shaderz said:

Radios need to be turned into an actual item everyone can buy at a convenience store in order to be used. Exceptions can be made for those who join government agencies, as these radios are typically provided by the respective departments. Additionally, earpieces should be added and the ability to connect them to radios. If somebody has a radio tuned into a certain frequency but does not have earpieces plugged in, people nearby said person should be able to hear what others speak into the radio. If they have an earpiece plugged in, they shouldn't be able to.

However, I believe that radios should not be available to everyone. I suggest implementing a system where players need to obtain admin permission first before purchasing radios, after providing them with a reasonable explanation (i.e. somebody who works for a security company). Then, at the convenience store, the clerk needs to ensure the buyer has evidence of such permission before going through with the sale. Alternatively, once in the menu at the convenience store, when you try to purchase a radio, admins should be alerted and immediately contact the player for the reason. If valid, maybe a /allowradiosale [ID] command should be added to allow the radio purchase to take place, then the confirmation from the clerk. If not, /denyradiosale [ID]. The commands do not have to be exactly these ones, but hopefully you get the idea behind them.

While this may add some admin dependency, I believe this ensures quality and proper/realistic radio usage based, which is the end goal I want to believe we are all trying to achieve here.

permission for the radio? no thanks mate

(the current system is okay)

Just now, Zayyy said:

permission for the radio? no thanks mate

(the current system is okay)

But giving everyone access to /r straight off the bat without any control of why people need it and what it is going to be used for is okay? I don't think so. I'm sorry but you should not be using radios if you intend to chit-chat with your friends.

Just now, Shaderz said:

But giving everyone access to /r straight off the bat without any control of why people need it and what it is going to be used for is okay? I don't think so. I'm sorry but you should not be using radios if you intend to chit-chat with your friends.

You can report those people who use radio for chit-chat. No need to limitations on obtaining some items, no thanks mate. Won't be replying now.

12 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

Administrators shouldn’t be involved with every facet of functioning either. Why would administrators want to be burdened with radio approvals anyway? The current criminal structures are build around phones, and that is likely to remain as such even with radios and quality enforcement. I’m sure you’re reminiscing on LSRP and it’s gang radios, giving radios the same disadvantages they have IRL would easily solve those problems.

56 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

How is 'realistic' defined here? This seems like an obvious choice but this oversimplifies the issue.

From a realistic stand point where your job requires you to have a radio to communicate with your team of co-workers like cab drivers, LSPD, LSFD, EMT, Security guards, truck drivers realistically would have radios as well like the ones driving those big eighteen wheelers. Someone who's at a club though if they want to communicate with all their friends or whatever it is they could send a group text message. Obviously that's not implemented so there's no way in doing that, but /r Where are you guys at? There's so many people in here,  is the dumbest unrealistic thing you can do. If you work in corporate there's no reason for anyone in the corporate world to have a radio that works with anything related to the professional business world, unless you're a security guard for the building then it's understandable.   Corporate people are always using their phones or answering emails, and I get how that may be hard to do send an email out to everyone, since there's not a way to do that as of now.  If you work at a 24 hour store or a coffee shop or a bar there's no reason for the employees to have a radio. Realistically have you seen anyone that is an employee at a coffee shop or at a bar walk with their radio and communicate with their co workers?

Edited by NBA
Just now, NBA said:

Realistically have you seen anyone that is an employee at a coffee shop or at a bar walk with their radio and communicate with their co workers?

Almost every large retail store, restaurant, bar and general establishment ever of any kind.

• Bash locked this topic
  • Bash unlocked this topic