Rework to your Advertisement system

Baize

Firstly I'd like to start off by saying if this has already been posted as a suggestion I apologise and feel free to archive this post so as not to cause clutter.
Now let's get into the meat and potato's!

Short description:

Essentially allow people to place ads and have them enter a queue system where after the ad in front of you gets posted, X amount of time passes and then your ad posts behind it. As opposed to the rather frustrating system of it telling us we have to wait "a few seconds" only for that undisclosed time to reset when someone spams out an ad before you get a chance to.

Detailed description:

I think I pretty much explained it in the description, however just to reiterate, essentially when placing an advertisement they should all go through and be placed into a queue system where it's first come first post. After the feed clears a little and X amount of time has passed the next ad get's thrown out, and so on and so forth. The current system we use is a little frustrating to say the least and it leaves people sat there trying to spam an advert out that honestly a good portion of people are likely to miss anyway due to their RP situations and what not.
I feel like a queued system would not only alleviate that stress but also make it far more user friendly and accessible.

Commands to add:

/ad works fine as it is.

Items to add:

N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?

Again I have already explained above.

Additional information:
N/A

Edited by Baize
  • Applaud 3
Just now, Peak. said:

I like the idea but won't people just queue loads of there ads, like they do atm?

Well coupled with this idea you could also limit the amount of ads you can place in a certain time frame by person, as opposed to the whole server on the same restriction and getting pushed back every time another ad comes up and you're sat waiting to post again, and again, and again.

• Upvote 1