Use of Teamspeak

nachorn

Hey, so this is a thought I've always had that boggles me.

PD is allowed to use TS on certain situations, for example pursuits, where the cop wouldn't have the time to type and drive at the same time.

So if PD is allowed to use TS in these scenarios, why isn't the other party involved able to use TS in the same situations. I feel like if you are in a pursuit with cops, and cops can use TS, to give information to other cops, I feel like the person being chased should also be able to use Teamspeak, IF and only IF there has been previous RP of a radio frequency being given out to members.

Example 1: John Doe is being chased by 4 cruisers, and he wants to call his friends for backup, to distract the cops so he can get away safely. If John Doe OOCly starts typing over the radio, he will most likely crash. This is one of the reasons why PD uses TS, to have a smooth pursuit without having the need to type. In this case, if John Doe rped before giving out the same radio frequency to his friends, buying a walkie talkie, John Doe should be able to use TS to alert his friends/crew/gang of the situation/location and the next steps. "Help! I am being chased by 4 cruisers at Downtown Vinewood, at the boulevard. One of you get between me and the cops to slow them down, but act cool". The time it takes for you to write that, while you are being chased, and taking turns, will almost certainly cause you to crash, ending the pursuit and going to jail, so if the PD is allowed to use TS so that this doesn't happen, why wouldn't the other party be allowed to?

Just some rhetorical thinking, would like to see what you guys think. It feels like in pursuits PD always has the upper hand because of TS.