BRAND VS. GTA LORE/NO BRAND clothing

Tennplugg

Just now, Torlo said:

Because no ones ever put modded Gucci clothing on their sever because they realize the risks, it's illegal and there's no questions about it.

It's not illegal to use textures on a video game where nobody's making profit ??? I'd like to see a cop come up to my door and try to tell me I'm under arrest for using mods on a video game, I'd meet the cunt at the door with a gun.  ?? ??? ???

2 minutes ago, El Ghetto Man said:

It's not illegal to use textures on a video game where nobody's making profit ??? I'd like to see a cop come up to my door and try to tell me I'm under arrest for using mods on a video game, I'd meet the cunt at the door with a gun.  ?? ??? ???

It doesn't matter if a profit is made or not, go and make a F2P game and put Gucci clothes in it, see how quickly you get sued.

? ?? ??? yall are too worried about shit that doesn't matter whatsoever, honestly. What are they gonna sue me for? My rented house? My 20 y/o PC that comes close to blowing up daily? Or maybe my $200 a week welfare payment.  ?? ?? ?? ???

Edited by El Ghetto Man
Just now, Torlo said:

It doesn't matter if a profit is made or not, go and make a F2P game and put Gucci clothes in it, see how quickly you get sued.

feel free to provide a source that gucci has sued any game developers indie or triple A for this. or any company for that matter. 

Edited by Mitch
2 minutes ago, El Ghetto Man said:

? ?? ??? yall are too worried about shit that doesn't matter whatsoever, honestly. What are they gonna sue me for? My rented house? My 20 y/o PC that comes close to blowing up daily? Or maybe my $200 a week welfare payment.  ?? ?? ?? ???

If you made a F2P game and used copyrighted material in it, they'd sue you and take down your game yes, it doesn't matter what you do or don't have you cannot use another companies logo without their permission.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Mitch said:

feel free to provide a source that gucci has sued any game developers indie or triple A for this. or any company for that matter. 

Again, make a game and put a Mcdonald's in it, see how long it lasts before they send you a cease and desist for using their logos that you do not own.

22 minutes ago, El Ghetto Man said:

I've never seen anybody get sued over mods, it doesn't happen and will never happen, yall are just paranoid about nothing.

I've seen videogame developers and even companies go bankrupt over IP licenses. It's why most games these days avoid licenses and shit like that. Client-side mods are completely fine, but once something goes server-side and EVERYONE has access to it then it becomes a problem.

Edit: And this isn't about you or a modder catching a lawsuit over an IP, it's about the server itself.

Edited by Gryphboi
Added shit.
  • Upvote 2
29 minutes ago, Torlo said:

Again, make a game and put a Mcdonald's in it, see how long it lasts before they send you a cease and desist for using their logos that you do not own.

This discussion is inflated for no good reason. It doesn't even make sense since I can name several games with custom content including McDonalds that have been around for over a decade and have yet to see a cease and desist. It's not the discussion to have, nor do the arguments make sense. It doesn't matter if Gucci or any IP sues GTA W, it is simple fact that this is incredibly unlikely to happen. Nonetheless if a modder has decided that they are not interested in adding real life brands for whatever reason you have to respect that. The modder doesn't work for you and you're not holding a gun to their head. That said, if somebody does decide to roleplay a brand it's not for you to get offended. If a modder doesn't want to do something he doesn't have to, whatever their reason may be. What are you guys even arguing about? 

6 hours ago, Torlo said:

It's never happened because no RP community have ever put branded clothing into their server. It doesn't matter if it's never happened, if you care to read what I wrote you'll know exactly why it cannot be added.

why would a multi-million fashion company care about a lil server on gtav?

• Syrike locked this topic