BRAND VS. GTA LORE/NO BRAND clothing

Tennplugg

Just now, bidi bidi bom bom said:

GTAW isn't its own game entity, nor is it some big high end business afaik... unless you know something I don't? ?

It is still a community.

One that was involved in Kanye West's music video.

Still eligible for a lawsuit.

4 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

GTAW isn't its own game entity, nor is it some big high end business afaik... unless you know something I don't? ?

It doesn't matter if it's not a big high end business, I have a lot of experience in communities that based small private servers off of World of Wacraft, Blizzard still sent legal letters to each and every server no matter how small it was, size doesn't matter.

Edited by Torlo
4 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

It makes money off of its own product, not a Gucci spin off. So invalid point.

Again, I will reiterate because you don't seem to understand. If a company does not protect their IP the court will NOT uphold future copyright lawsuits. Therefore, if Gucci for example noticed GTAW using their logo without legal permission, they WILL and MUST send a legal letter.

EDIT: I may be wrong but in the other thread I believe @Marksman said branded clothing would NOT be introduced, debate or not.

Edited by Torlo
Just now, Torlo said:

Again, I will reiterate because you don't seem to understand. If a company does not protect their IP the court will NOT uphold future copyright lawsuits. Therefore, if Gucci for example noticed GTAW using their logo without legal permission, they WILL and MUST send a legal letter.

EDIT: I may be wrong but in the other thread I believe @Marksman said branded clothing would NOT be introduced, debate or not.

Gucci would do that if GTAW uses it for promotional usage or financial gain, which they wouldn't. GTAW has their own clothing line, that has nothing to do with Gucci. So Gucci wouldn't give a damn.

• Syrike locked this topic