BRAND VS. GTA LORE/NO BRAND clothing

Tennplugg

2 hours ago, Wirbelwind said:

My take on it is: Have only lore brands in-game as visuals, but feel free to roleplay what you please. It is way more convenient this way in my opinion.

And, honestly, most of the mods look kind of subpar...

Thread should've been locked after this post imo. There's no argument about it, because this is a roleplay server and not IMVU where clothing brands matter. You can RP any brand when you're wearing a 'Binco' t-shirt, nobody's stopping you.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Torlo said:

You guys really don't realize that GTAW sells things online as well, unless you have permission from Gucci it's really not a good idea to use their property on this server, it simply puts GTAW at risk.

There is also an issue of GTAW being dependant on the GTAV, a Rockstar game and service, to exist at all. It is perhaps not so bad if legal representatives of a brand reach out and contact us, but what are we to do if they instead contact Rockstar/T2 (or whoever the publisher is) directly due to poor research/malice? It would likely end GTAW as a whole.

unless you're going to remake the entire ighoul modpack to be brandless instead of branded then this thread is pointless. If someone spends tens of hours on mods that are actually great they shouldn't be kept out just because the shoes have a nike tick instead of saying some weird gta name

i refuse to rp wearing "pro laps" which is literally just prolapse. Gta lore brands are mostly just innuendos that are in there for a joke, if you think you're gonna force people to rp those trolly brand names then you're mistaken. If it bothers you that much then you as the minority can rp wearing ur anal prolapse t-shirts.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Shekh said:

unless you're going to remake the entire ighoul modpack to be brandless instead of branded then this thread is pointless. If someone spends tens of hours on mods that are actually great they shouldn't be kept out just because the shoes have a nike tick instead of saying some weird gta name

i refuse to rp wearing "pro laps" which is literally just prolapse. Gta lore brands are mostly just innuendos that are in there for a joke, if you think you're gonna force people to rp those trolly brand names then you're mistaken. If it bothers you that much then you as the minority can rp wearing ur anal prolapse t-shirts.

Nobody is forcing you to roleplay wearing such brands. Comprehension is key, it is about the visuals.

Just now, Wirbelwind said:

Nobody is forcing you to roleplay wearing such brands. Comprehension is key, it is about the visuals.

these people are suggesting we don't get ighouls mods added just because it has irl brands though. What you're saying also works vice versa, nobody is forcing them to rp those shoes as nike. Infact, they dont even need to wear them since they'll be add-ons and wont replace the already existing clothing so they can still wear exactly what they wear now.

Edited by Shekh
Just now, Shekh said:

these people are suggesting we don't get ighouls mods added just because it has irl brands though. What you're saying also works vice versa, nobody is forcing them to rp those shoes as nike. Infact, they dont even need to wear them since they'll be add-ons and wont replace the already existing clothing so they can still wear exactly what they wear now.

First of all, only a small percentage of ghoul's modpack has branding.

Second of all, he can just... remove the branding, most of it is jerseys and the like.

That's a non-issue. Please, calm down.

Edited by Marksman
2 minutes ago, Shekh said:

The only difference is that NONE of the shoes in GTA V have a brand's name on them. You can't RP something with "Nike" on the side as something else bro. Blank items with optional decals should be a nice addition, instead of throwing Adidas and Gucci mods all over the place.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Gryphboi said:

The only difference is that NONE of the shoes in GTA V have a brand's name on them. You can't RP something with "Nike" on the side as something else bro. Blank items with optional decals should be a nice addition, instead of throwing Adidas and Gucci mods all over the place.

This is a fantastic point I haven't even BEGAN to consider.

With all of the clothing we have currently, you're free to RP it as whatever the fuck you want because it doesn't have any real brands on it. If suddenly there is a bunch of Nike, Gucci, etc clothing items in the game, you're now LIMITED to RP'ing it as such, because that's what it says. Branded clothing would only limit a players ability to RP what they want.

Say it with me. Branded clothing mods limits RP.

Just now, Marksman said:

This is a fantastic point I haven't even BEGAN to consider.

With all of the clothing we have currently, you're free to RP it as whatever the fuck you want because it doesn't have any real brands on it. If suddenly there is a bunch of Nike, Gucci, etc clothing items in the game, you're now LIMITED to RP'ing it as such, because that's what it says. Branded clothing would only limit a players ability to RP what they want.

Say it with me. Branded clothing mods limits RP.

Outrageous comments by the both of you. Branded clothing opens the door for more RP. RPing something without visuals doesn't always work out. Sounds nice in theory, big failure practically though and taking the brands off of ghoul's mods would kill parts of his pack as you can't just do that.

• Syrike locked this topic