BRAND VS. GTA LORE/NO BRAND clothing

Tennplugg

Just now, Jennie said:

Mod textures can be easily edited, I don't know why people get mad when someone posts a branded mod.

It has nothing to do with the model being retextureable. They want branded textures in game. Which I understand. But I’d rather keep lore for simplicity’s sake. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

My take on it is: Have only lore brands in-game as visuals, but feel free to roleplay what you please. It is way more convenient this way in my opinion.

And, honestly, most of the mods look kind of subpar...

I like this. The no harm, no foul approach. A lot of people do this anyway and with the attributes feature being easier to modify on the fly and with emotes being a thing, you have a lot of creative freedom when things LACK obvious logos and branding. The wardrobe choices we have, collectively, have to be accessible across characters' social strata too. 

Edited by shrike.

What I don't get is the common misconception that GTA:W's San Andreas is based off of a fantasy land United States instead of the real thing. It is properly documented that San Andreas is considered an extension of the real life U.S and everything that follows suit, a 51st state if you wish. The issues that get raised is with people's backstories. Some RP Liberty City some RP New York, it's a matter of preference but it really is interchangeable. As we may all know, it is universally agreed upon that vehicle brands should be strictly based off of GTA V brands rather than IRL one's (mainly because of scripting limitations and how the economy was set up). As for clothing brands, it does not hurt for somebody to be wearing Nike, Jordans, Gucci etc... All of this are already RP'd by people not just with clothes, but with accessories such as Jewelry (necklaces, watches, rings...), so I don't see a need to change that up with clothes.

Edited by Radhwan

This got brought up a million times. The people who didn't like brands then are still very adamant about it.

There's a lot of lore brands but we can also rp other brands outside of the single player lore, just like we can reference other countries, states, car makes/models, rappers, movies, and events happening in real life. There's no reason to limit ourselves like that.

Branded clothing might seem like a copyright risk but the mod creators ran those risks themselves & it's not like the usage of them IG is being sold for real money.

I am not too savvy on copyright laws, but implementing lore friendly / unbranded clothing might prevent potential copyright-related lawsuits from happening.

Edit: My opinion above was regarding implementation clothing mods. I’m all for people mentioning/utilizing real life brands in their RP!

Edited by Nemo
  • Syrike locked this topic