Businesses being able to utilize CCTV footage without the permission everyone involved.

Power

CCTV are permitted within a person's residence, if a player has mounted cameras outside their residence, in their vehicles or any place filming the public, they must get the consent of all parties involved.

That is the current CCTV Rule.

The issue is that if you don't fall under one of the exception like Government Building, Police Dash cams in order to use CCTV that record people other than yourself you have to inform everyone that enters your business of the existence of the CCTV. As a dealership owner I paid a security company to install cameras on my business but I can't use them without informing every single person that enters my business. Anyone with a business that gets with high traffic would know how impractical that would be.

/createscene you are limited to one instance and like me I use it for other rp reasons when their businesses open. And what if it disappears inbetween you putting it back up does that mean CCTV can't be RPed? Its 2020 with how affordable CCTV systems are, even your smallest local mom and pop shop with have security cameras. The assumption should be that businesses have CCTV and that should be reflected in the rules the same way it is for 24/7s and the rules should reflect that there is a reasonable exception that a business while more than likely have CCTV than it wouldn't.

If they gave us better tools like being able to place multiple /createscenes I wouldn't mind but that isn't the case. Let me know what you think.

Edited by Power

I never understood why you need to get the consent of other parties to use the CCTV footage. If the footage affects them negatively, they can just refuse and be done with it. If you have CCTV installed, you should be able to use it regardless of what other people decide, but there should be an existing item in the world so that everyone would know that there is CCTV installed in a certain location.

Business' interiors have CCTV and you can RP them without anyones perms. If someone enters your x_y store and you have cameras inside, you're allowed to RP CCTV as long as it is installed. An admin can correct me if I'm wrong.

You only need perms for CCTV OUTSIDE the buildings.

2 hours ago, DjoleK said:

Business' interiors have CCTV and you can RP them without anyones perms. If someone enters your x_y store and you have cameras inside, you're allowed to RP CCTV as long as it is installed. An admin can correct me if I'm wrong.

You only need perms for CCTV OUTSIDE the buildings.

I run a dealership and my Cameras are installed in a lot which I lease through the UCP which is not contained and was told by an admin that my business didn't wasn't one of the exceptions. It was meant for businesses like 24/7. Maybe he misinterpreted the rule but that is what he told me. The rules say businesses that can be robbed and I was robbed of my money and a vehicle stolen but I did't get any protection under that rule.

Edited by Power
40 minutes ago, Power said:

I run a dealership and my Cameras are installed in a lot which I lease through the UCP which is not contained and was told by an admin that my business didn't wasn't one of the exceptions. It was meant for businesses like 24/7. Maybe he misinterpreted the rule but that is what he told me. The rules say businesses that can be robbed and I was robbed of my money and a vehicle stolen but I did't get any protection under that rule.

3 hours ago, DjoleK said:

Business' interiors have CCTV and you can RP them without anyones perms. If someone enters your x_y store and you have cameras inside, you're allowed to RP CCTV as long as it is installed.

If outside CCTV needs to be agreed by both parties, then maybe the rule should default in the business owner's favour.

Assume CCTV is present unless specifically told that it isn't.

Anyone who then uses CCTV as IC evidence who can't prove that the cameras have been installed is guilty of powergaming.

CCTV is a mess currently. As someone who has to use it almost daily in game I have a few suggestions to make.

If you own a property or are leasing it, it is up to you to physically install CCTV cameras around the interior. As in, the actual furniture items. If there are none, there is no CCTV system installed. Simple.

If you have done the above and are RP'ing the CCTV footage of an event, you MUST ONLY state what the physical camera would actually see. This can be verified by investigators as they'll come in and check the positioning to make sure it falls in line with what's being given.

Outside cameras are not a thing. Not until the big update that syncs everything or you are a donator that can place items outside. This falls under the first and second rule I posted above. 

As far as I'm concerned, if you walk into a business or property to do crime and don't take into account the CCTV, you don't get a say in whether it can be used. There are ways to combat this ICly. Use a mask.. Avoid the cameras line of sights, don't do obvious crime in a business that has CCTV.. Scope the place out to see if it's worth risking before committing said crime. 

4 hours ago, SULLI said:

CCTV is a mess currently. As someone who has to use it almost daily in game I have a few suggestions to make.

If you own a property or are leasing it, it is up to you to physically install CCTV cameras around the interior. As in, the actual furniture items. If there are none, there is no CCTV system installed. Simple.

If you have done the above and are RP'ing the CCTV footage of an event, you MUST ONLY state what the physical camera would actually see. This can be verified by investigators as they'll come in and check the positioning to make sure it falls in line with what's being given.

Outside cameras are not a thing. Not until the big update that syncs everything or you are a donator that can place items outside. This falls under the first and second rule I posted above. 

As far as I'm concerned, if you walk into a business or property to do crime and don't take into account the CCTV, you don't get a say in whether it can be used. There are ways to combat this ICly. Use a mask.. Avoid the cameras line of sights, don't do obvious crime in a business that has CCTV.. Scope the place out to see if it's worth risking before committing said crime. 

Just to give a clearer picture. KL4Ymu.png

That is how my business is laid out. I paid for a security company to install CCTV I have an office that can be entered through those doors in the front and I sell my cars out of the lot in the roof. I was told an admin that my business didn't meet the requirements for be excluded from the CCTV and also since my business was on a lot the robbers didn't need admin permission to rob me. I was robbed and attacked on the roof portion where I had camera installed on those light poles but I was told I couldn't use that CCTV without permission of the person in question.

I feel also long as the cameras themselves are attached to the business property they should be excluded. Even if you had a camera at your entrance capturing people entering. How am I suppose to put Camera objects on a business layout like this. I don't even think it could be done with Platinum VIP. Anytype of business that doesn't operate in an enclosed area would be severely at a disadvantage with your suggestion.

Edited by Power
  • mj2002 locked this topic