Law Enforcement and "Bad Shoots" on the server

Leemabean

Take the L and stop whining, we're not going to let crap like this slide from legal factions just because there are roleplay possibilities. Sure, RP could come from there but you know how it is on roleplay servers, don't you? You either have someone's CK perms and you can kill them, or you don't kill them because you can not kill them without god damn CK perms. That's why PKs are f-ing stupid and that is not the only reason - the other reason is that as explained above - Reina would have to RP losing her friend and then seeing her again for some reason like "AIN'T YOU DEEEEEAD?!".

But okay, that doesn't matter in this situation because the dude had no reason to kill Lola so he just whipped out his service pistol like "The thing go rah rah rah rah rah, n***a!", when as a LEO you should only shoot to stop the threat. These two were not chasing a criminal who just robbed a store at gun point, they were chasing someone who gave their cruiser a love tap. Maybe a bit more than a love tap, but still, homie gave her two bullets into the neck for running away.

I could really get behind roleplaying this as a "fuck up" on SD's side if the shooter PMed sio (Lola) asking "Hey bro I know I shouldn't have shot your character but this would make for some amazing SD drama, you think you could sacrifice that character so the SD can get some shit thrown at them and some drama can happen?" and you both worked together on it. I know that sio is a homie and he could possibly agree upon it because we both love to see some drama happen on this otherwise boring server.

Also, as we can clearly see - nothing evolved from this RP-wise when the report was still up.

By the way, good job Legal FM, not only did you take your precious time to reply, but your SD handler is obviously biased towards his faction. It took a member of Management to step in there and explain to y'all why this situation was wrong.

And I am fully aware that corruption is something that's allowed in SD more than the PD because of how corrupted the SD is in real life but like, go be corrupted and harass people, go call someone a cunt, go call someone the n-word in a black neighborhood as a white cop because you know they won't do anything, go harass some kids on the skate park because you had a shitty day but don't KILL people for no fucking reason. Pull someone over, be an asshole cop and whatever, just don't resort to killing people for petty reasons to then call it "development" and "roleplay opportunity". Killing is a final resort, and that also counts for your development as a corrupted/asshole cop.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

I think the problem with the whole situation was the lackluster response of "Oh my character is troubled" which is probably the vaguest excuse that you can give for something like that. If you want to say your character is trouble, have something to send to the admin to back it up enforce that it's an IC issue and not you just jumping out and mag dumping someone because they tapped your car and you wanted to shoot someone. That being said, even then, it shouldn't be a blank check for people to play fuck fuck games with their character.

There is a factual track record of reports and roleplay that shows Eddie Miller to be distrubed. In a cleared shooting (due to, I believe, the lies perpertrated by those involved) Eddie Miller murdered a convicted criminal who was actively stalking, harassing, and interjecting in a sick, twisted way with Eddie's relationship. 

48 minutes ago, hentai! said:

when as a LEO you should only shoot to stop the threat.

This is a completely IC mindset that is thought ICly. 

7 hours ago, DjoleK said:

yet current state of server we don't even have someone to remove the corpse after it has been found.

/sendtomorge exists, as does an entire morge where officers can match casings to bullets found in bodies. 

Edited by Samuel
1 hour ago, hentai! said:

But okay, that doesn't matter in this situation because the dude had no reason to kill Lola so he just whipped out his service pistol like "The thing go rah rah rah rah rah, n***a!", when as a LEO you should only shoot to stop the threat. These two were not chasing a criminal who just robbed a store at gun point, they were chasing someone who gave their cruiser a love tap. Maybe a bit more than a love tap, but still, homie gave her two bullets into the neck for running away.

Hey. I play a character in the Sheriff's Department— now whilst I don't want to give any opinion on the ruling of the report I'd just like to chime in on this.

Whilst yes you should only use deadly force to neutralise someone's who's fleeing as specified under Tennessee v. Garner, a deputy's interpretation of this in a situation is completely down to them on an IC level. Miller's shooting was unjustified considering they shot and killed an unarmed fleeing suspect, but I'd just like to say that we have Internal Affairs to rule upon these shootings (as we've done in the past). Each use of force has a report on lssd.gta.world in our section and they're all reviewed for either commendation or scrutiny from IA. You can actually read over some of them that our Information Bureau has released for public viewing here.

1 hour ago, hentai! said:

And I am fully aware that corruption is something that's allowed in SD more than the PD because of how corrupted the SD is in real life but like, go be corrupted and harass people, go call someone a cunt, go call someone the n-word in a black neighborhood as a white cop because you know they won't do anything, go harass some kids on the skate park because you had a shitty day but don't KILL people for no fucking reason.

Here's some readings on LASD's gangs:

LASD 'Lynwood Vikings' (Paul Tanaka was a member and later served as Undersheriff)

LASD Deputy Gangs (General)

LASD OSS' Jump Out Boys

You can read these and see that on numerous accounts membership into one of these deputy gangs are only achievable by a break of policy, being involved in a shooting or even, in some cases, having killed a suspect. The LASD is rife with corruption and whilst for Miller to kill an unarmed person over a vehicle collision is a bit of a stretch, it's not in the realms of being implausible— I know he's been RPing his character around the idea of a corrupt compass to accredit actions like what happened.

Edited by rams

Again I am reiterating that we should still be punished oocly for DMing as LEO's should it warrant it.  I'm simply stating that the scene should not be voided to allow consequences ICly to develop.  If the player wants they can be refunded and have their involvement voided and NPC the victim.

Also no RP developed because the original ruling happened 3 days ago.  No one knew how to handle the situation because of the active report so we waited.  Not only that but things move slower through official channels for reactions to IC actions but they /do/ happen.

I am not saying to oocly ignore an LEO's actions and if possible make the wronged party whole ICly and oocly but don't void it.

General discussions isn't the place to discuss admin decisions let alone those made by FM/IFM, nor is it the place to bash factions. Scenes are voided on a case-by-case basis but I assure you  all the circumstances in each situation are weighed together before any decision is made and where IFM/LFM are involved, discussed with the entire subteam.  

Locked on that note, I don't see anything good coming of this thread.

Edited by Moonsong