Additional Clothing Pack for 1.1

Oggy

Just now, Invictus said:

Just curious about one thing. I know it's not really related to the topic itself but I will ask here since it's about 1.1 mods.

What about the hairs? There's duplicated hairs for both female and males. I assume the duplicated hairs were supposed to be legit hair mods and due to some rage limitation they got bugged. Anyone that has more experience than I do can enlighten me on this one?

Also I will tag @kilerbite for some hot clothing mods.

57 minutes ago, Oggy said:

Hair is something we will be looking into at a later date.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Marksman said:

NO BRANDS.

Could you explain your reasoning? How do you handle the fact that brands are constantly referenced elsewhere, e.g. in music played in-game/in nightclubs? How can they exist in music, but not for characters to wear? How do we handle them existing in music? Do we pretend we don't hear a brand referenced in music?

• Upvote 1

I think adding real life brands to the game would be pretty trash. A lot of these mods look ugly - and there should be GTA brands, or items that are made to look like replicas of real brands. 

Real brands look out of place and ugly, especially in games like this. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Pascal said:

Could you explain your reasoning? How do you handle the fact that brands are constantly referenced elsewhere, e.g. in music played in-game/in nightclubs? How can they exist in music, but not for characters to wear? How do we handle them existing in music? Do we pretend we don't hear a brand referenced in music?

Same reason we don't add Mercedes and Bugatti to the game, despite their reference in music. That's why we shouldn't add Gucci and Louis Vuitton

Edited by Marksman
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Pascal said:

Could you explain your reasoning? How do you handle the fact that brands are constantly referenced elsewhere, e.g. in music played in-game/in nightclubs?

• Physical evidence of copyright infringement (intellectual and trademark, etc). 

• Lore concerns, for a lot of players. GTA has its own lore, and introducing and legitimising real-world brands through mods would go against that.

• Re: Music, suspension of disbelief. A lot of major brands in GTA have a real world analogue. The rest is really down to interactions and whether or not a player you're speaking to recognises what you're talking about.

Workaround: 

If the creator of the mod holds no rights over their work via the website or personal notice or disclaimers on the items, trademarks are very easily edited out with a little touch of photoshop. So the items can still be used, but logos and brand-names can be changed. It's not a big deal. 

Edited by shrike.
Wanted to add.
  • Upvote 3
  • Wuhtah locked this topic