Increase the character limit for /characterdetails

mj2002

Short description:

Currently the limit is 300 characters and four lines.

Detailed description:

I think the character limit on the /characterdetails window should be increased. I ran into this issue where I had a good description, but I needed to add temporary details about my character's physical state. However, with a 300 character limit, I couldn't really add anything.

Yes, this might create a small wall of text for people who use the /examine command, but sometimes this can be an important tool to enhance roleplay. Please increase the limit!

Commands to add:

None

Items to add:

None

How would your suggestion improve the server?

Allow for better and more complete descriptions of characters when using /examine.

Additional information:

It has been suggested that a pop-up text box may help avoid filling the console with walls of text.

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 2

+1. I would like to be able to describe some of my tattoos, however due to the current limitations I'm not able to do so because the patches on my kutte take up so much text. I see no reason why the character limit can't be increased to 500 - 600.

Yes please, as a character that is going to have a lot of gang affiliated tattoos, I'd love to be able to describe them properly.

15 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

Support. Though, I'd rather see a GUI pop up with the details instead of spamming the chat further. Imagine how obnoxious it would be in a nightclub or other highly populated area.

Also, this. I've had to /examine on multiple characters to check for any visible affiliations and it's just spammed my chat horribly. 

37 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

Support. Though, I'd rather see a GUI pop up with the details instead of spamming the chat further. Imagine how obnoxious it would be in a nightclub or other highly populated area.

A GUI is just one more thing to close. I personally don't see an issue with it being in the chat.

• Developer
On 6/28/2020 at 11:06 PM, Jennie said:

We had 6 lines before the script "rework".

Support, I would like to write a detailed description.

The script before the "rework" was 4 lines or 300 chars too.

The reason it is 300 is so it does not spam the chat massively, hence 600 is never going to happen.

I can check if 400chars/5-6lines is possible how itd look.