Using radios as a group chat on your phone

NBA

Using radios as a group chat on your phone  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How would you guys prefer to use the radio command?

• Rp sending a text message on the group chat on your phone and then use the /r command. (More realistic approach in today's society)
    • Rp holding a radio 24/7 on you and speak on the radio like it's the 80's or some shit, walking with your walkie talkie as a civilian. (Nobody carries walkie-talkies in today's society)

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, bncal said:

As far i know, you need a license to use a boafeng. 

Anyway I saw a lot of players using the radio like a video call or something like that, embarrassing and not up to the server standards. 

which is a IC issue, anyone can buy a boafeng, you are just  not allowed to use it, legally

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Engelbert said:

Discord exists people. You can have a handsfree and being in a discord voice IG if you wanna rp a radio chat in 2020. Otherwise standard radios should only be used by people who normally use them.

Discord usage = MG unless an admin is present.

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, Renegade said:

Radios should be limited to people who would realistically have radios.

I.e., PD, SD, FD, security guards, etc.

If a racing crew or something wants a radio, then it should be acquired script-wise like a faction.

this. 

This is what you should roleplay a radio as:

3391e506-1543-4fde-8ee6-7351b3fef090.jpg

not a pager, not some phone group chat. If you have no realistic reason to carry a radio, then don't. Roleplay it being connected to a bluetooth earpiece? Sure, that's fine, but it shouldn't be anything other than that. Ask yourself why you would be carrying a radio, if you can't come up with a valid reason then DONT ROLEPLAY using one, it's not harder than that. 

• Applaud 1
On 6/27/2020 at 8:25 PM, Engelbert said:

Discord exists people. You can have a handsfree and being in a discord voice IG if you wanna rp a radio chat in 2020. Otherwise standard radios should only be used by people who normally use them.

That sounds like metagaming over VOIP.

Radios should be removed, no normal civilian is walking around with a radio on them that they use to talk to their friends with casually. Personally I think the radio command should be limited to a channel like a CB radio when entering a truck (much like the ATC channel when getting into an aircraft) or only allowed to be had by certain businesses like a taxi company or some other form of public transport. 

A lot of people abuse radios to just talk to their friends. And people don't even RP grabbing it to speak into, just in the midst of normal conversation you'll see a "(Radio) Yeah I wanna go to the club". On such a hardcore roleplay server? The widespread access of radios is pretty poor roleplay.

• Upvote 1
  • Bash locked this topic