Using radios as a group chat on your phone

NBA

Using radios as a group chat on your phone  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How would you guys prefer to use the radio command?

• Rp sending a text message on the group chat on your phone and then use the /r command. (More realistic approach in today's society)
    • Rp holding a radio 24/7 on you and speak on the radio like it's the 80's or some shit, walking with your walkie talkie as a civilian. (Nobody carries walkie-talkies in today's society)

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Marksman said:

How can you unironically RP a radio as a text message?

How does it make sense to carry to a radio on you 24/7 even in the club or anywhere in general, at the beach let me have my radio? /r We're at the beach guys, where are you guys at? - Regular beach person says this.  I honestly think the radio walkie talkie should be gone from the script imo. I was just trying to find another solution, I don't use the /r even though I'm in one, so yeah.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Renegade said:

Radios should be limited to people who would realistically have radios.

I.e., PD, SD, FD, security guards, etc.

If a racing crew or something wants a radio, then it should be acquired script-wise like a faction.

I agree to that

Just now, NBA said:

How does it make sense to carry to a radio on you 24/7 even in the club or anywhere in general, at the beach let me have my radio? /r We're at the beach guys, where are you guys at? - Regular beach person says this.  I honestly think the radio walkie talkie should be gone from the script imo. I was just trying to find another solution, I don't use the /r even though I'm in one, so yeah.

Well, the solution to that is actually quite simple. Don't do it.

I'd rather see some sort of phone group chat like we have on Facebrowser than having people walking around everywhere with radios and also like Marksman said, having people use radios and rp it as if they're sending a text in a group message sounds stupid. You either have a radio on you or you don't.

Using radios like it's a skype call is unrealistic and a poor roleplay imo. Factions that truly need it such as LEA, security, FD, taxis etc. are fine as it makes sense for them to use it.

We were supposed to get group chats on the phones but I'm not sure what happened to the development of that feature. I'd be fine with making it possible through an app to call multiple people at once using your phone and have a little conference. It makes more sense and it's not as bad as people literally using radio everywhere, no matter where they are and what they do. Honestly, I avoid those players that use the radio wrong cause I don't want to associate myself with them.

• Bash locked this topic