Arsons

Sacred

Hi. I've done one arson whilst roleplaying on GTAW, and it was due to a faction conflict. When I was informed of what happens when your business is burned down — I was pretty surprised. As far as I am aware, the only repercussions are that you have to roleplay renovating it and cannot roleplay with it for 14 days. 

I think the repercussions should be way harsher, and in return, the requirements for getting an arson request accepted should be way higher as well. I think businesses should face complete closure (at the admin's discretion) and possibly receive a certain amount of money, adjutant to a percentage of the property's worth, as an "insurance claim". 

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, KhazarLight said:

Even then, burning down a business is a last resort when it comes to actually securing a business to extort. And it would have to be something that has the potential to make a lot of money to even consider going to that length to secure a racket. 

How I see it, if some family comes and burns down your shop it is because they tried maybe a dozen other things before they got to this point. In the real world, insurance may pay out a decent portion of the total worth of items lost, but not 100% -- that's just how insurance works. That is when the family comes back in and offers you a "loan" to cover the rest of your losses and to ensure you are indebted to them, thusly securing the extortion.

Copied this from the "current state of extortion" thread.

In the case of arson to completely destroy, there should be a pretty harsh requirement and should certainly be subject to "CKing" that business, in a sense. When a business burns down in the real world, owners will either take the insurance and rebuild what the can or take the money and sell off the building. The second option would then include another person to come in for that 14 day period and rebuild the business etc.

13 minutes ago, Sacred said:

As far as I am aware, the only repercussions are that you have to roleplay renovating it and cannot roleplay with it for 14 days. 

Whom has told you this? When I was an arsonist this was not the case, at all. They opened the next day and they didn't seem to care about renovating it. 

Just now, KhazarLight said:

Copied this from the "current state of extortion" thread.

In the case of arson to completely destroy, there should be a pretty harsh requirement and should certainly be subject to "CKing" that business, in a sense. When a business burns down in the real world, owners will either take the insurance and rebuild what the can or take the money and sell off the building. The second option would then include another person to come in for that 14 day period and rebuild the business etc.

What I think is — smashing the windows of a business, etc, ruining it, basically making it close for a certain period of time is implemented.

So, in this case, let's say you smash the windows of a business, completely ruin it, turn the aisles down, steal everything, etc. It's closed down for a week where the owners need to roleplay repairing it, etc — and they can't open it for that one week. After that, they can continue roleplaying with it. A temporary business closure.

Then, there's arson. Arson would render the business never usable again, and like I said, I think they could get maybe a percentage of the property's worth as people spend over a million on properties sometimes.

Just now, Mitch said:

Whom has told you this? When I was an arsonist this was not the case, at all. They opened the next day and they didn't seem to care about renovating it. 

As I said, I've done an arson before. The person who I did the arson on told me that an administrator told them that, and I think the admin was Cara.

Edited by Sacred
Just now, Mitch said:

This is also what I've seen happen, on a few occasions.