Prison Rules - Aging up

Zayyy

1 hour ago, Chief said:

Unfortunately, there's no real way to fix this. I get the point that it's immersion breaking for you, but it's also immersion breaking when someone comes out 10 years older and other people haven't aged but a few days. There's no middle ground here that won't be immersion breaking for one side or the other. The server is real time for the most part and this is just something that must be dealt with. I don't see any sort of viable solution without displeasing one side or the other.

Not that I disagree with the fact it's immersion breaking but i'm not concerned about keeping "one side or the other" pleased, I would rather have someone (minimally) age up inside the prison rather than kill 3 people at 20 and return to the street a few days later like nothing happened with the same ol' "Hey guys, what'd I miss?"

I disagree with someone getting 10 years and coming out 10 years older just as much as I disagree with someone coming out at the exact same age after mass murder, realistically heavy crimes should at-least make you age up by a few years (2/3) so then when someone decides to consistently do crime it will rack up similar to the points system that is in place.

A lot of people feel like this will shove them out of their group (Hence I said make it a minimal amount of years that really doesn't throw your characters current state out of the window) and would still allow you to return and it just goes to show how ugly the immersion around prison is, people getting thrown inside for violent crimes and come around and hang with the exact same people before with the exact same personality as if nothing happened is just gross.

If someone can bring up a viable reason to how a 2 year age up will break your character hit me, i'd be interested to hear.

(As in, can't hang around with the same people / faction or would break your RP in a second)

Edited by Rastapasta
Tidying it up.
1 hour ago, Mister Barrowsky said:

So i come out 5 days later and lets say, have aged 5 years? Not long before we see 150 old mexicans slinging crack then. 

Then again my friends havent aged a year, but i am suddlenly bald and old? No. 

See that's why I suggested it be like a year or two for something that would realistically be a long stretch, maybe make a lot of the lesser crimes reflect less time.

There were 18 year olds running around with rap sheets as long as bible pages.

1 hour ago, Trukken said:

How about we get proper prison RP going on first then we worry about details like that?

Nearly everyone's afk or straight don't log on apart from a few certain individuals.

And this lol. 

Edited by Rastapasta

So by and large we have one of the softest court systems I've ever seen. Criminals more or less don't get punished severely and even the penal code is full of "rules" that soften everything. And when I've asked about it's because "It ruins characters" or "it's not fun to RP in jail".

And I see people out here crying for realism in some sections, but not in the others because it's immersion breaking.

What do you want? Realism or not? Because this is what happens when you decide to commit a crime that puts you in prison for a long time.
Your life is on hold. Theirs keeps moving. People forget about people who go to prison. It's more difficult to drive that fact home here because on these servers if you go to jail for murder, you're out basically the next month. If you go down for murder IRL, your life on the outside is effectively over. The world moves, people forget about people inside. We don't have that, because people don't portray their characters correctly. They treat it as this bit of getting out on good behavior a month into their sentence? Not how that works. 

This tool? Forcing people to age up while those on the outside do not? A step in that direction. Iron the details out along the way of how every else reacts. But by and large if you're 18 when you go in, and you get 25 years for murder? Guess what - they're not gonna know you when you come back out and you're not gonna know them. Adjust. Orrrrr, don't commit crimes so brazenly that get you caught so easily.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2020 at 8:42 AM, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

This tool? Forcing people to age up while those on the outside do not? A step in that direction. Iron the details out along the way of how every else reacts. But by and large if you're 18 when you go in, and you get 25 years for murder? Guess what - they're not gonna know you when you come back out and you're not gonna know them. Adjust. Orrrrr, don't commit crimes so brazenly that get you caught so easily.

SPOT ON! I SUPPORT this, completely!

• mj2002 locked this topic