Prison Rules - Aging up

Zayyy

Suggestion is pretty simple. If your character is in the Prison for charges (years / 10 years etc ) You should also age up your character once you're released from the jail.

And it should be FORCED.

Or it can be a automatic aging up script with the new age system if you're in the prison? It should age you up itself.

Edited by Zayyy
  • Upvote 6
22 minutes ago, Zayyy said:

Suggestion is pretty simple. If your character is in the Prison for charges (years / 10 years etc ) You should also age up your character once you're released from the jail.

And it should be FORCED.

Or it can be a automatic aging up script with the new age system if you're in the prison? It should age you up itself.

+Realism.

Yup. ?

This could have some issues if you continue to be around the same characters as before you were incarcerated since they wouldn't be forced to roleplay ageing the same way, creating a large age gap between you the characters you had previously interacted with. 

• Upvote 7
13 minutes ago, UsefulKitty said:

This could have some issues if you continue to be around the same characters as before you were incarcerated since they wouldn't be forced to roleplay ageing the same way, creating a large age gap between you the characters you had previously interacted with. 

I'd heavily support this suggestion if we can discover a method towards resolving this issue. It'd break immersion if one had spent ten years in prison while every one else lived their days as days rather than as years. I couldn't imagine spending two months on my character, living each day as-if it was a day, in order to reunite with my old friend that was recently released from prison appearing to be five years older than me. The time-gap is very unrealistic.

So far, I am clueless of a solution to this problem.... unless the server enforces a rule suggesting that EVERY ONE become a year older after one month. Meaning... after twelve months of roleplaying as a character? One would age by twelve years. Average long-term characters last that long, any ways, before they're CK'd.

Edited by DLimit
46 minutes ago, UsefulKitty said:

This is pretty much the reason why this cannot work.

52 minutes ago, UsefulKitty said:

The point is totally valid although I also feel that someone committing serious crime and returning out of prison the same age is equally as immersion breaking, maybe have a middle ground for time/age to not make it as unrealistic?

4 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I think using real time is where it is. Character spends few months in jail, he will be just few months older. Using months as years is unrealistic and shouldn't be implemented.

1 hour ago, UsefulKitty said:

There's still already so many issues going which you are not aware of, tbf. If you murder someone? You get out in a few days of Prison WHICH is not really realistic at all. So, we need a new method to fix this RP.

3 minutes ago, Rastapasta said:

The point is totally valid although I also feel that someone committing serious crime and returning out of prison the same age is equally as immersion breaking, maybe have a middle ground for time/age to not make it as unrealistic?

What this guy said. ++ 

Edited by Zayyy
  • mj2002 locked this topic