What am I doing wrong?

El Cid

14 hours ago, CULTure said:

First forum comment, Hi. As a fairly new player myself I appreciate some of these comments. I think it's kind of hard to join a faction, I mean how would you even go about doing it? It seems like everyone is locked into their own stories and its hard for them to give someone else a chance. Not to mention, if you're trying to just "go with the flow", chances are you're not going to run into a faction that fits what you're looking for. I'd love to find a faction of some sorts, but it seems like everyone is too buys RP'ing inside of their properties. 

But like I said, I only have 170 something hours and its just been my experience with similar time and issues on LSRP. 

While a lot of people hate the idea, I think games like this (especially where the city is so huge) simply need an area where new players can congregate.  Yes, the idea of mall rats or other such "newbie areas" is unbearable to some, but without such a place a new player with no OOC connections is simply left in a very large, seemingly very empty city.  So, my suggestion to server management is to consider creating some kind of "newbie/tutorial town".  You can place it well out of the way of the main population, perhaps in the county so that those who hate the idea do not have to see or visit it.  The tutorial could be changed to focus on this place, allowing us to walk to the bank, walk to a clothes shop, and so on.  Get rid of all that driving around in a $100 rental that vanishes after 30 minutes, leaving us stranded in the middle of nowhere and let us encounter other new players and form some early connections.

The key thing here is, if you don't like the idea of a newbie town you don't have to go there!  It shouldn't bother you if it exists or not.  For those who want to help newbies and help the server grow, they can visit it and help newbies and even mention their faction or whatever to raise awareness.

Flame on ?

p.s. Would be happy to work with whoever to make this happen

Edited by Paenymion
2 hours ago, Paenymion said:

While a lot of people hate the idea, I think games like this (especially where the city is so huge) simply need an area where new players can congregate.  Yes, the idea of mall rats or other such "newbie areas" is unbearable to some, but without such a place a new player with no OOC connections is simply left in a very large, seemingly very empty city.  So, my suggestion to server management is to consider creating some kind of "newbie/tutorial town".  You can place it well out of the way of the main population, perhaps in the county so that those who hate the idea do not have to see or visit it.  The tutorial could be changed to focus on this place, allowing us to walk to the bank, walk to a clothes shop, and so on.  Get rid of all that driving around in a $100 rental that vanishes after 30 minutes, leaving us stranded in the middle of nowhere and let us encounter other new players and form some early connections.

The key thing here is, if you don't like the idea of a newbie town you don't have to go there!  It shouldn't bother you if it exists or not.  For those who want to help newbies and help the server grow, they can visit it and help newbies and even mention their faction or whatever to raise awareness.

Flame on ?

p.s. Would be happy to work with whoever to make this happen

I'd make motels a thing, where new players can realistically rp living, working as a hub. I'd put a motel at South LS, one at Vespucci and one at Sandy Shores, letting players to pick one of them

honestly i have the same problem except i have bad irl anxiety that goes along side with in game stuff. its a struggle making new contacts despite it being rp. i only stick by my friends i made before i joined this community. hopefully for you your experience improves.

• Upvote 1

If you're interested in joining a particular faction I would suggest creating a character that fits the overall theme of said faction and hanging around their local area, eventually you'll be interacted with especially if people find you actively creating RP for yourself and others in the area. 

Some factions have limited "rules" around joining like, most street gangs for example encourage you to start your character at an age no older than 16, unless you just want to be an area local (Drug addict, shop worker or other regular civilian.) and not an actual gang member, which is totally fine and welcomed in many factions. 

Check out some faction threads, see what interests you and just start hanging around the area, you'll get pulled in, most factions are edger to bring in new members. 

Just wanted to chime in since I saw this pop back up on my timeline.  It took me a while to get into the groove, but I did find a faction and got a better feel for things not too long after this.  Factions are fun, but I also found that creating a character that entertained me worked too.  The only thing was I had to put him out there to attract attention and work with the cards I was dealt with him.

After that, it was kind of like building upon the little bits and pieces I ran into on the street and expanding.  So there's different ways to do it it seems, but yeah, having fun and getting good rp now consistently. ?

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

There's one more thing I'm struggling with although and I can't find a solution to it. I had been in a faction I really loved to rp, but because of my timezone I couldn't rp with them. This seems to apply most factions here and I didn't see any active one around in my timezone which is after 1 AM in game time.

On 8/25/2020 at 6:29 PM, Hanred said:

There's one more thing I'm struggling with although and I can't find a solution to it. I had been in a faction I really loved to rp, but because of my timezone I couldn't rp with them. This seems to apply most factions here and I didn't see any active one around in my timezone which is after 1 AM in game time.

Unfortunately that's been an issue pretty much everywhere. People with australian, Far east asian area's, Indonesia, Japan, Etc all have difficulties in every faction regardless.

The only exception to this in my eyes would be the LSPD. Majority becomes dormant around 10 am till noon server time. The LSPD's the only one that remains active 24/7. With the europeans who work nights or alternate times, the aussies, and the (middle)eastern bro's working what we call the "Morning or day shift" Gradualy, the europeans who come home from work log on as time goes on, and at around 18:00-19:00 server time you'll see majority of the europeans come on, followed by the (south)americans & the cannucks, who form the "Night shift". Majority of the people in leadership positions or teaching/training positions account for that. And some go out of their way to make sure people from other timezones have their needs tended to. 

Unfortunately, not everyone is drawn to police RP. So it's fairly niché. 

Edited by Kenshi Haroku
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2020 at 4:21 AM, Kenshi Haroku said:

The only exception to this in my eyes would be the LSPD. Majority becomes dormant around 10 am till noon server time. The LSPD's the only one that remains active 24/7.

I agree with you at some part, LSPD is most active faction in my timezone as compared to other factions. I belong to Indian timezone (GMT +5:30) can play from 4AM till 5-6PM in game time, could go till 7 on weekends. Being in Asian timezone, if you can't stay in front of your screen till late nights (around 2-4AM IRL time) you won't be able to play faction RP, specially illegal one. LSPD remains the only option there, you can also try other legal factions such as SD or FD since legal factions are available at most of the times. In addition, people tend to do criminal activities at these times only when player count and cop count is very much low. 

But there will always be some unlucky days when you wont be even able to find LSPD. My character got robbed a couple of times when 90-100 people were there in the server, none responds you on 991.