Interest in Norteño Roleplay

30 minutes ago, changooman said:

I don't know much about Nortenos but I think you'll have better luck with making another LCN, MC, or Sureno set.

If it's not exactly 1:1, expect to be denied!

And if that's the case, then join an existing one, as we're overloaded with similar themes. 

5 hours ago, MCB666 said:

Norteno roleplay isn't gonna happen anytime soon on here and I doubt it'll ever happen in the future. The most similar thing that you can roleplay on here is "Bulldogs" "BDS" Basically a Norteno drop-out gang based in Central California.

This ^

Norteno rp isn't all that anyway if I'm being honest, Not to mention that they're very rarely roleplayed accordingly. Norteno culture is different to Sureno culture. Most Norteno factions just act like red ragging Surenos that don't say 'ese', they go around trying to senselessly start beef with SUR factions while using the beef that the two organizations have IRL as an excuse, when in reality, Nortenos are defensive & Surenos are offensive and that's just how it is.

Norteno culture is more based around small town life, protecting communities and other things like that, which nobody ever roleplays.

The only way I see a Norteno faction succeeding and looking good is if it was done in the countryside up near Sandy Shores or Grapeseed. Los Santos doesn't have the vibe that a Norteno faction would require. Nortenos IC would be a NORTHERN San Andreas thing, not a SOUTHERN San Andreas thing, the cultures between the two areas are completely different. Not to mention that most communities in Southern San Andreas that have or have had Sureno gangs within them would also be extremely resistant to any Nortenos, they would never be accepted in any community on the south-side, not only that, but La Nuestra Familia would likely NEVER approve or sanction a Norte group in the south, it would cause too many problems. Not to mention that Los Santos is currently governed by the Mexican Mafia & holds about 5-6 Sureno gangs.

Edited by Ears Up
9 hours ago, Kuma said:

Not like there weren't BD's.....

I think people buy into the realism too much...Is this LS or LA? Which one is it?

Like most others have said, do your own thing. So what if you want to have a different take on the gang aspect, as long as it's fresh, and it's done well Idc where I see Nortenos. What's wrong with variety? It's not like they're going to directly challenge the Sureno dominance or anything, if anything it gives them a different angle, a different vibe. I see no issues with it, so what if it's not 100% realistic, leave some room to imagination and let people have fun for once. 

fr

I mean we all can't really preach about realism here as if there's Italian-American crime families in LA or the Macarthur OCG for example IRL. Those groups don't exist and we allow them to thrive here. I think it should be the same case for Norteno roleplay, but if it could be limited to Blaine and Northern SA that'd be great because then there would be more of a divide.

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Benny Black said:

I mean we all can't really preach about realism here as if there's Italian-American crime families in LA or the Macarthur OCG for example IRL. Those groups don't exist and we allow them to thrive here. I think it should be the same case for Norteno roleplay, but if it could be limited to Blaine and Northern SA that'd be great because then there would be more of a divide.

tell them BENNY

12 hours ago, Benny Black said:

Can't say I know much about nortenos but I have to agree. If we're speaking LCN and being completely realistic the only thing that'd be approved for a strict LA lore at the very best is a group of wiseguys having their money in a bunch of businesses as investment bankers, no families, no crews. There's also multiple other official concepts that I can name that'd never really flourish west coast, point being if someone has a good grasp of what they're trying to portray then why not let them have a shot.

Edited by Flow
  • Upvote 2