Warrants and Police Raids.

Max3

5 minutes ago, KLNV said:

64e44fd976103a908989d35f55302a2e.png

Didn't see anything happen about this?

He put the air quotes there for a reason. Let's keep this reasonable and not stoop into the realm of taking things on face value when clearly they weren't intended to be taken that way. What he's trying to tell you is that within the confines of his role as a law enforcement officer in the game, his character will do what it can to achieve the goal as it's set: arrest x criminal, perform y action, etcetera.

He's not saying he will bend over backwards out of character to get you in trouble if you mess up. He's not saying that, out of character, he's going to spend his days making people's lives a living hell for the sake of doing it. He's expressing here that when it comes to the reality on the ground, his character will do what it can do to achieve their goal. And guess what? That works on both sides of the coin. Don't you try your best to get away from the police when you're put in that situation? Aren't you out there on the grind trying to get rid of your illicit substances/illegal firearms as best you can for the most money you can?

I'm not trying to be an ass and you don't see me slinging shit at criminal factions either. I'm saying preach what you teach, especially if you're in a position to do so. That's not me saying ''I'm the internet police and if you ever say something on the forums that may be slightly misinterpreted I am going to fire you!!!'', that's me saying if you're genuinely out there behaving in that manner, you will be dealt with.

And even then, when people post things like this? They will be spoken to about it. Probably told that it isn't smart to say things like that on the forums, especially not when we're already in a precarious position sometimes due to this faction's past. That doesn't mean that the man is out there in game doing exactly as you'd accuse him of just by way of him having said that on the forums, because if he were, then he would be in trouble. However, all of that enforcement is invisible and for good reason. You won't see things being done about that because, well, it's done in private.

Edited by Big_Smokes

Let's not bash PD here. This is about warrants not PD. Make your own general discussion if you want to talk about PD.

How do illegal factions approach purely IC mistakes? Do you let them rejoin on another character? I genuinely don’t know how it works on the illegal side so if you’ve got experience with it I’d love to hear in DMs or over discord 

We deal with it ICly. We beat them up most of the time but if we CK the character often times they are forced to start over at the bottom of the totem. 

Edited by Max3
2 minutes ago, Westen said:

So slightly off topic but a few posts on it. There was a comment about how PD just gets to name change and carry on if their character makes a mistake. How do illegal factions approach purely IC mistakes? Do you let them rejoin on another character? I genuinely don’t know how it works on the illegal side so if you’ve got experience with it I’d love to hear in DMs or over discord 

No, you're literally not allowed to. Says in the rules that if a character is CKed they have to get admin permission to return to the same fac on a new account, which isn't applied to PD.

And even if they do rejoin, they have to start from the bottom, wheras PD aren't made to go through the application process again.

Edited by Shekh

I'll attempt to provide clarity but I'm not sure what good it'll do. It seems that people have already made up their minds on how things work no matter how much misinformation is being tossed around. 

1.) It should NEVER take two weeks for anybody to go through our court process. 

2.) The trial process itself should take no more than 10 days unless written permission is given. This is done so that people are not kept behind bars for months just so they can try to get justice for their character.

3.) Warrants at this time require Probable Cause and nothing more. Could we do better? Yes. Will we do better, yes. 

4.) You have three options upon arrest. For those of you talking about how people plead guilty because they don't want to wait on a court case...

a.) You can plead "Guilty" and accept the times and charges.

b.) You can plead "No Contest" and do the time of the original sentence and then post a case afterwards in order to address the charges. 

c.) You can plead "Not Guilty" and go the more RP path and address the charges in the courts. Yes, you will likely spend more time in the jail but this is by far the best route to go for your case. Through this route, you can get plea deals, bail, probation and other things that are unique to this plea. 

5.)  Mandatory court cases are something I implemented in order to address things like murder, rape and other extremely heinous crimes. During this process, you still have the right to plea whatever you'd like. Yes it does take a little longer but it's a safeguard. I don't want to see people with rape and murder on their record without at least looking seriously into the criminal charges and evidence presented. 

6.) Judges are not biased. I have never, nor will I allow anybody else to find in favor of something just because it's from PD or SD. If any of you have evidence to the contrary or a concern, please bring it directly to me. If I find that it's taking place, I'll fire whoever is doing it. 

7.) I have authorized more ADA's and other judicial staff in an effort to keep things as quick and efficient as possible and from looking at the situation, we've not had a case go over the ten day mark in a long time. Our staff is up to date and being very efficient at this time. 

We have many issues in our system and I'm not blind to that. As I've stated twice now on this thread, I'm willing to make changes and work with those who are seriously interested. I'd also like to point out that all this information is available in the information area of the courts section. Also, positions for Justice are open. If you want to make a positive change and assist in something that you view needs work, please apply. To close, I will be reaching out to people on the illegal RP side of things to discuss changes. It's clear that some people want change so, I'll do my part to see where the road goes. 

Just now, Copacetic said:

3.) Warrants at this time require Probable Cause and nothing more. Could we do better? Yes. Will we do better, yes. 

Glad to hear this, but can we know Probable Cause of what?

Edited by Max3
38 minutes ago, FullyCanadian said:

I've not seen it or many punishments for it at all so I'd be curious where this is coming from.

I see a lot more punishments being issued towards illegal factions of 20 members compared to PD's like 180?

And don't say that PD receives bias from Administration because that's simply not the case and they're just as subject to admin action as anyone else.

Anyways.. this is off-topic. I suggest for the sake of the discussion it stays on the theme of warrants and police raids. There's other avenues if you want to fight about other topics.

They're not. Your example proves this point.

Edited by Jola
1 minute ago, Max3 said:

Glad to hear this, but can we know Probable Cause of what?

I'm at work right now but I will be off tomorrow. I invite all of you, regardless of your view on me or my system to speak with me tomorrow and make the changes you feel should be made. I'll be better able to explain things when I'm not on my phone 

23 minutes ago, KLNV said:

64e44fd976103a908989d35f55302a2e.png

Didn't see anything happen about this?

Whether I agree with your point or not, I could sit here all day and point out things that I didn't "see" anyone get punished for in regards to legal factions, illegal factions and even general players on the server. From criminal factions getting away with poor portrayal to legal faction members chasing each other with their lights on in the middle of the city and crashing into walls without RPing anything. Just because nobody went around waving a giant sign saying ">> LOOK WHAT WE DID TO THIS PERSON <<" does not mean that nothing happened to them.

It doesn't contribute to the discussion at all just because you didn't SEE anything happen to those people doesn't mean nothing happened to them. Why would we go around waving a sign pointing out OOC punishments we take on players? Why would anyone?

Edited by FullyCanadian