Warrants and Police Raids.

Max3

47 minutes ago, Jola said:

The court system forces people to take guilty pleas nobody wants to wait in jail for two weeks, its a game. 

If you plead no contest, you can literally serve your time. Go out, wait three weeks and appeal the charges. No loss. 

3 minutes ago, Big_Smokes said:

Also, on the topic of people not being punished enough? Perhaps the person that made that very post should start investing more time in doing exactly that.

That's an unnecessary low blow for a man who's faction get's caught MGing in Teamspeak almost weekly.

Edited by Henning
Just now, Henning said:

That's an unnecessary low blow for a man who's faction get's caught MGing in Teamspeak almost weekly.

Or a department which actively has officers still saying mate and lad IC I don't think you wanna go there mr smokes.

2 minutes ago, Henning said:

I've not seen it or many punishments for it at all so I'd be curious where this is coming from.

I see a lot more punishments being issued towards illegal factions of 20 members compared to PD's like 180?

And don't say that PD receives bias from Administration because that's simply not the case and they're just as subject to admin action as anyone else.

Anyways.. this is off-topic. I suggest for the sake of the discussion it stays on the theme of warrants and police raids. There's other avenues if you want to fight about other topics.

Edited by FullyCanadian
6 minutes ago, Big_Smokes said:

Also, on the topic of people not being punished enough? Perhaps the person that made that very post should start investing more time in doing exactly that if they feel there is a deficit.

What?

1 minute ago, Jola said:

Or a department which actively has officers still saying mate and lad IC I don't think you wanna go there mr smokes.

What? If people RP British characters what's wrong with them saying mate and lad?

Even so, you do realize we live in a globalized world where people learn words from other parts of the world, right?

5 minutes ago, Henning said:

Building on this point, I think the punishments that are being handed out to officer OOCly isn't enough. Firing an officer for fucking up but allowing that player to make a new LEO character does nothing to deter bad behavior. If I'm killed out of an illegal faction, rarely would I be allowed to create a new character to continue RPing with said faction. Being killed/kicked from a illegal faction is very much an OOC/IC thing however in the realm of LEO RP it seems anything IC must be 100% punished IC which does very little to correct a play to win mentality in a player.

Illegal RPers ESPECIALLY the whites, blacks and mexican gangs are required to police they're ranks at an OOC level. If one faction member fucks up we have to nip it in the butt immediately and for the most part we all do. However LEO's and especially the LSPD seem hell bent on stopping any OOC punishments for it's members, especially if that punishment means permanently losing a member. 

Unfortunately, legal factions depend a whole lot more on members because about 30 to 40 percent of its members run some sort of segment in the faction. Managerial skills and the ability to fit a character with that kind of responsibility on isn't for everybody. It also takes months and even years for someone to get to that point. Legal factions function differently than illegal factions, and unfortunately all legal factions are perceived like the real organization where climbing the ladder's seen as what's required or somewhat expected of you instead of having those positions handed out to those who want to role-play a sergeant, a lieutenant and a chief with no OOC to it.

It just doesn't work that way. It's why, similar to how you can return to an illegal faction on another character and start over, you can return to one inside a legal faction too. It's infinitely more time-consuming to walk people through literal months on how to role-play a cop and watch them still not grasp all the little bits and bobs that are out there. It's why legal faction members and consequently police role-players are seen as more valuable. It takes a certain kind of player to find in this kind of environment and it certainly isn't for everybody.

That being said, I don't think OOC punishments are the problem nor the solution. OOC punishments are dramatic and they don't create any enjoyment for any party. I know the Sheriff's Department takes a qualitative but corrective approach to its members — we teach people what they do wrong and if they just won't grasp a concept, then they're unfortunately not fit.

What my comment referred to is IC consequences for IC actions, which I feel there's a lack thereof. Hold people back on their promotions for what they role-play. Understand it's about their character fitting the rank, not them fitting the position. Understand that people who crave power are most likely to abuse or misuse it in the end. The SD has a very stern policy on IC politics and OOC meritocracy which is conducive to good role-play but that's also because we're directly interested in seedy, developed characters who fit the criteria and players who understand they need to role-play cops in a place where just doing the right thing isn't enough to get someplace. You can be a stellar role-player and have a wealth of faction leadership background behind you, if you role-play a character just unable to be a higher-up for whatever reason, you just shouldn't get there.

This also ties in a lot with court cases, warrants, arrests and convictions. My little quote there was about how arrests get thrown in court for cops doing a sloppy job and in turn the departments said cops are hired by just don't do much to create some role-play in that regard and let it slide instead of imposing an IC standard through IC means, that being that arrests need to hold up in court and if you can't do that then you're probably a shit cop and you'll be viewed as such by your IC cohorts. Take an example how a specific cop perjured themselves on stand, in an official affidavit, saying they saw someone with a gun when they didn't, then got legitimately arrested but walked out of that on a judicial technicality and were reinstated without ifs or buts when it's clear the wrongdoing was there but everybody decided to not focus on creating role-play out of that. It's situations like that — they leave a sour taste for me sometimes.

11 minutes ago, Big_Smokes said:

If people have a clear play to win mentality, they get straight up removed from the faction out of character. Their IC situation has nothing to do with that nor should it. I would lie if I said I didn't care about retention, but I suggest you speak to the people which got the [termination] tag between OOC brackets because they fucked up whether they agree with you on this stance or not.

64e44fd976103a908989d35f55302a2e.png

Didn't see anything happen about this?