[PNN] An Interview with two Antifascist "Freedom Fighters"

KUqRXWw.png

"From anarchy, we can build this state into something to be proud of." - 'El-tee'

An active, well-armed Antifa paramilitary organization in San Andreas? While it might sound ridiculous, over the past week PNN has spent painstaking hours investigating what was, initially, only an anonymous tip that someone had seen (and later been threatened by) a sizable force of well armed men training in the wilderness of Blaine County - men who, according to the tipster, were clearly not any sanctioned government authority. After a week of speaking to locals and following up on every single possible lead we could find, we finally got a call from someone alleging to be part of this group. Not only were they willing to explain their organization, they were willing to give us an entire in-person interview, provided we abide by their security protocols.

Both myself and PNN Lead Reporter Earl Pickett arrived at the designated meeting spot less than an hour after we first made contact with them, the possibility that these were the wrong guys or that it was a false lead went out the window. Standing at the meeting spot were two heavily armed, black clad and masked men. They beckoned us over and introduced themselves with their aliases, "El-tee" and "Blue Lives Exterminator (BLE)" before allowing us to begin recording the conversation and snap several photos of them. For the purposes of this article, the interview will be transcribed - full audio recordings are available on request.

0RiwY6s.png

Buck Chanady: Now let's get this started. Who are you two gentlemen with? 

El-tee: It doesn't matter who we're with. This isn't an organization, it's a movement.
Buck Chanady: Why did you choose to approach us to give an interview instead of another media organization, such as LSNN?
El-tee: Only one way to topple the regime dude... And that's not gonna  be through fake news.
BLE: LSNN is a bunch of yuppie corporate fucks.

Buck: Earlier, before we started recording, you mentioned a plan. What exactly is your mission and your objective?

At this point, El-Tee smirked and raised his rifle in my direction, sending a shiver up my spine. After a moment he lowered it again, grinning.

nVioDgR.png

El-tee: I kill Corpo-stiffs. We're not fuckin' around, these are loaded. 

Blue Lives Exterminator (BLE): They turned San Andreas into some freak-show police state. It's time to make this city free again. Let it breath. If I gotta kill a couple of cops to do that, then that's the price we gotta pay.

Buck: Kill a couple cops, eh?

El-tee: A couple? Hah'...

BLE: Maybe a couple hundred if I'm lucky.

Buck: I'm guessing you gentlemen aren't fans of the police?

El-tee: "Fuck no. Did you know the funding for New York Police is more than the military spending of all of Poland?" A chuckle and head shake drives home his hatred for the police.

Buck: You see yourselves as freedom fighters against the police, then?

BLE: Freedom fighters for the PEOPLE.
El-tee: We're doing what most people WISH they were doing. They're too fuckin' weak, but we'll fight for them.

Buck: How many, roughly, are in your organization?
BLE: If our blog is correct... like, one-hundred thousand in San Andreas alone.

Earl Pickett: So social media is a common recruiting method?
El-tee: Twitter, social media, reddit..
BLE: Sometimes we put our top-notch shit on the dark-web, a place where people are gonna' be, but the government ain't gonna' see.

Buck: You've made it clear you're opposed to the police. What about the civil government?
BLE: Just another form of oppression.
El-tee: They're the people who approved the budget, man. It's all gotta burn. People don't realize it... It doesn't stop with the police.
BLE: Sucking the government titty. It's poison.

Earl: What is your end goal?

El-tee: We gotta' fuck up every last person who supports this fuckin' government. Anarchy... from anarchy, we can rebuild this state into something we can be proud of.
Buck: What would you say to a regular person who isn't employed by the government but idly supports them, like most Americans?
El-tee: Read Marx, research billionaires and lobby groups. Get a gun, and kill a billionaire.

Buck: Do you two  have anything you'd like to say to those at home who are going to read this interview? 

El-tee: Get a gun, kill a bllionaire... burn down a local store. And spit on cops.
BLE: Save our city. Burn down the establishment. Blue lives mean nothing.
BLE and El-tee fist bumped at this point, smirking to each other.
El-tee: Blue Lives needa' be made red.
BLE: Just another form of the war machine.
Earl Pickett: Are you concerned with backlash from these statements when they get published?
El-tee laughed and patted his rifle. "That's why I've got this."

2KgazVD.png

BLE: Sometimes the kids need to be told Santa ain't real.

At this point, the interview was brought to an end and we went our separate ways. The departure was anxiety filled - both myself and Mr. Pickett were concerned they would do some harm to us to send a message, but it was peaceful. While the interview was a success, we were left with as many questions as answers. 

Just how large is their cell, truly? And do they genuinely intend to act against the authorities? Perhaps only time will tell.

Written by Buck Chanady with the interview conducted by myself and Earl Pickett. Most research done by Earl Pickett. Please contact us if you  have any questions or commentary.

(( Trying to figure out the best layout for a news article, might not look the best right now. ))

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 1

Username: goth2gore
Comment: antifa are a bunch of communists with nothing better to do but paint themselves as freedom fighters whilst they assault the public and private businesses. the only thing they shoot is loads of their infertile seed on body-pillows. fucking losers lmao.

Username:  MidsummerEvenings

Comment: In PNN’s “About Us,” they vowed that their platform would avoid “propagand[izing]” and, in particular, that they would refrain from taking a “pro-police slant” in the name of police accountability. Here, in their début publication, they have already discredited themselves.      

By the end of this article, it should be plainly obvious to the careful reader that PNN’s approach here is fundamentally flawed. The problem is that they have cast about for the most extremist element of the movement against authoritarianism, and, in a broad-brush fashion, ascribed it to the entire movement. Was this their idea of police accountability — fishing around for the most extremist element of a movement and allowing it to slip through their editorial screening? Is misleading their readers with a wildly sensationalized approach to a reasonable cause how they hold the police accountable?  

Editorially sloppy work is excusable; but the problem with this article runs so deep, it fundamentally betrays their own vows to their readers: the vow to refrain from indoctrinating them. It is much worse than being editorially sloppy — it is editorially vitiating. 

This supposed “paramilitary” group may be an off-shoot of some movement, perhaps even and including Antifa; they could be self-proclaimed proponents of Antifa; but this group represents only themselves. These interviewees do not speak for any movement but — either — for their own, or for themselves as individuals.

I’m alarmed that the editor didn’t bother to highlight this obvious risk of generalization and attempt to proactively avoid it. Make no mistake about it; the approach taken here, in this article, is as misleading and indoctrinating as any propaganda they purport to detest.

For flouting even their own 

standard, PNN receives a failing grade.

Edited by Midsummer Night's Dream

Username: TheColonel

Comment:

Prior to this interview, we were not aware of their ideology and goals. They self identified themselves as Antifascists in the moments before we began the interview, as we were greeting one another. We did not “fish” for extremists of any ideology or movement, we sought out a rumored extremist organization and when found they identified themselves as being Antifa. We do not have a duty to contradict them or act as apologists for the larger movement they claim to represent - we published the interview as it occurred to allow for the public to interpret it.

Our approach would have been the same had they been extremists of another ideology. We did not claim they were representatives of the Antifa movement as a whole, just as we would not have claimed that they were representatives of all environmentalists if they had been eco-terrorists. That is something that should be obvious to the typical reader. I do not feel the need to juxtapose a large disclaimer that they don’t represent an entire movement onto an interview such as this.

Edited by ronkinator
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic