I feel like ped skins are frowned upon

Blondie

20 hours ago, friendlyman said:

Ped skins have 100x more realism and character to them than the generic GTA Online skins. Considering the fairly limited facial and body options for the gtao characters, along with a lot of the clothing options just not looking very good or realistic, I feel like you can really add a lot of character to your character by using a ped skin.

If you want the versatility of having a few outfits then obviously don't use a ped skin, but if you're only using 1 or 2 outfits and you'd like a bit more flavour to your character then I don't see why not.

This says it all. I don't think honestly that people will treat you differently and put you outside the box for using ped skins, I mean as long as decent roleplay is following up, you're good. 

Edited by Timeline
On 6/12/2020 at 5:26 AM, Blondie said:

I feel as though ped skins and skins that are non GTA online are frowned upon and those that use Ped skins are treated differently OOCly as if they're unwanted on the server, I'm not the first and only to feel this way, I was just bringing it up because I was wondering why.

I can't speak for everyone else on why they might like or dislike a ped skin. I think there are a few reasons as to why some people might dislike them, or frown upon them, but what I can say for sure is that ped skins stand out. When something stands out, or is outside the norm, it could easily be controversial.

To answer your question though, some of the reasons why people might frown upon a ped skin:

1. It might not be suitable for the setting. Ped skins do not have a lot of customization, and hence are usually stuck with one style of clothing. For example, seeing a stripper ped in a cafe (even if they're relatively clothed) would stand out and might not suit the setting.

2. What people in the past, who had a ped skin, acted like. It's like when you see a character with the stock white t-shirt, blue jeans, and checkered shoes. You'll form your own judgement prior to interacting with the character.

3. It is different. People are accustomed to a certain character-look by this point. Seeing something different might make some people feel weird, and hence form their own judgments beforehand.

1 minute ago, TranXify said:

white t-shirt, blue jeans, and checkered shoes.

By the way people, for those of us who may or may not be new, the checkered texture is not a texture!  It's a placeholder that means the texture is missing.

Edited by jcat
typo

I've enjoyed roleplaying with several characters with P.E.D. skins. In fact, two of my character's closest friends have P.E.D. skins, and their R.P. is of a higher level. First few seconds, I presumed it would've been trollish... within minutes? I was amazed by their level of R.P.

I think people have prejudice against other people who use PED skins simply because the majority of them are (often) trolls. There's exceptions thankfully, and I respect them very much, but unfortunately those who pick PED skins are usually newbies who are yet to understand the outfit system and clothing stores, or people who pick them with the great intent to troll and ruin the roleplay for others.

On the other hand, the character customization system is great. You can literally adjust every piece of your face and body. I wish there was an option for people who plan to roleplay obese though, but that's a discussion for another day. The new attributes system helps a lot with it though. 

14 hours ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

Not gonna lie, seeing the rediculously buffed hulk hogan ped skin, automatically makes me think "Uh oh"

Why don't you like Doink?

On a serious note the only reason PED skins are looked down upon is because they are the trolls appearance of choice. That is the only reason anyone treats them differently.

50 minutes ago, Syrike said:

Why don't you like Doink?

On 6/12/2020 at 6:13 PM, joshua said:

the amount of times i've seen this guy walk into a bar at 10pm shows one of many examples of why ped skins MIGHT be prejudiced 

T1xqWN3.png

fuck doink