I feel like ped skins are frowned upon

Blondie

I feel as though ped skins and skins that are non GTA online are frowned upon and those that use Ped skins are treated differently OOCly as if they're unwanted on the server, I'm not the first and only to feel this way, I was just bringing it up because I was wondering why.

It just feels like the lazy option, especially when you've got so many great features in place that allow you to create a unique character - that's my two cents on it. Not to say that I judge people for using a ped skin, unless it's an obviously trolly skin. I can't say I've ever seen people treated different for using ped skins either.

• Upvote 2

I don't think that should be any reason to treat someone rudely on an OOC basis or watch them constantly like they're a troll but I respect the opinion if it has no impact on RP, I personally think GTAO characters are not detailed well enough and If the option to have ped skins wasnt on the server id be very discouraged RPing here

Edited by Blondie

only thing that could be beneficial is the body types, for example, elderly males with beer bellies and such when it comes to that type of ped chars. however, i think that customization of everything else than body type is clearly more important and outweighs the reason of using a ped char just for the body build due to lack of other customization

• Upvote 1

Yes there's pros and cons, me and my friend and some other people unrelated to us have just mentioned that when using a ped skin they feel unfairly targeted and watched and I was just wondering if there was a specific reason for that, or perhaps I'm being overdramatic

Ped skins have 100x more realism and character to them than the generic GTA Online skins. Considering the fairly limited facial and body options for the gtao characters, along with a lot of the clothing options just not looking very good or realistic, I feel like you can really add a lot of character to your character by using a ped skin.

If you want the versatility of having a few outfits then obviously don't use a ped skin, but if you're only using 1 or 2 outfits and you'd like a bit more flavour to your character then I don't see why not.

• Upvote 3

I never actually knew we could use pen skins. This might have been extremely useful for me especially at first. I personally am awful at designing characters and outfits and it isn't the part of the game I enjoy. It got to the point I actually so I looked half decent had a friend design a character off GTA world and then with the plastic surgery place they helped me replicate what they made so that I actually looked okay.

If your using ped skins from main characters or characters that everyone definitely will recognise from GTA 5 then best not I think then you should MAYBE be criticised.

If your using characters like pedestrains characters that no one really played attention to it shouldn't be a issue. Infact I imagine most players probably won't realizeit's a pedestrain skin.

There's nothing wrong with ped skins.  I've seen them used very effectively for good characterization and rp.  The only downside is that you can't customize the outfit, so it's quite limiting.  If a ped skin fits a character concept, then it should definitely be used.

EDIT:

Maybe some players were rude because someone was using a ped skin.  In that case, they should not have acted that way.  There's nothing wrong with ped skins.

Edited by jcat