Greek-Catholic Church

Girola-A.-sec-XVII.jpg

Saint  Anthony of Padua

Dear Christians, 

Today we celebrate Saint Anthony of Padua. I propose, in order to get closer to him, the following prayer to him.

Saint Anthony, among all the Saints of God, you have been endowed with a special power to protect and help all those who put their hope in you. The dead have risen at your command, the blind have regained their sight, you have restored the health of the suffering, and you have not denied the comfort of your support to any of the pious. 

This concern of yours for the needs of people fills me with holy trust, with which I run to your goodness, asking for your help (it is said in the mind, good desire, request). For your burning love for Jesus, who rested in your arms as a heavenly baby and for your tender love for the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus, please show your great power and help me.

In the sufferings I have suffered, in the misfortunes that befall me, in my sorrows of soul, in sufferings and deprivations, in the innumerable troubles of life, in the temptations that trouble and seduce me, when my passions revolt with anger and when I see that the evil spirit is plotting against my soul to lose it, to you I direct my thought, miracle-worker, and I ask that in all my needs, soul and body, I be relieved and comforted by your protection, because thus encouraged and full of gratitude girl of you, to reach through you the God of mercies in the eternal greatness of heaven.

Amen!

• Chey locked this topic