HOW TO ROLEPLAY WITH GANGS (FOR PD/SD)

Just now, Estes said:

This is merely a "heads up" guide to avoid End of Watch kind of roleplay. 

"I think both have validity however I feel you've posted correlating to the negative RP you may see from some law enforcement on the server"

^ This pretty much backs up what I said.

I don't roleplay a criminal either, actually pretty civilian-esque.. The most I brush up with illegality is maybe drug use and I don't know what you consider "noteworthy" interactions with PD/SD but as someone who trys to interact with them as much as possible on a casual level when able I've had quite a few moments that were enjoyable interacting with cops. It wasn't blow your socks off RP but it doesn't have to be, can run into them again and again.

4 minutes ago, owen said:

Police Officers talk to their designated neighborhood gangs daily, thus creating a common relationship with them — they're respectful, they crack jokes, they talk politics, they even get the inner-drama from the community. I wouldn't call them ''friends'' but they're essentially that in modern-day policing. This guide makes it seem like you shouldn't build that rapport stated above — but you should. 

If you're working with a specific gang, and there's a group (depending on what is going on) you can and should approach that group. You shouldn't think of it as ''risking your life'' because that's not what they think about in real life, it's not that dramatic. Gang violence is exaggerated from movies and the news. 

This isn't gang-banging, but it still applies.

This is night-time, in some random parking lot where people meet up to race/drive illegally and this guy is MASSIVELY out-numbered.

Just now, Rastapasta said:

"I think both have validity however I feel you've posted correlating to the negative RP you may see from some law enforcement on the server"

^ This pretty much backs up what I said.

I don't roleplay a criminal either, actually pretty civilian-esque.. The most I brush up with illegality is maybe drug use and I don't know what you consider "noteworthy" interactions with PD/SD but as someone who trys to interact with them as much as possible on a casual level when able I've had quite a few moments that were enjoyable interacting with cops. It wasn't blow your socks off RP but it doesn't have to be, can run into them again and again.

This isn't gang-banging, but it still applies.

This is night-time, in some random parking lot where people meet up to race/drive illegally and this guy is MASSIVELY out-numbered.

Every Sunday a group of young adults and car enthusiasts meet up at a local Taco Bell. The car meets do at times attract negative attention. The officer in the video is laying down some ground rules while also allowing them to have their fun. This goes to show that not all encounters are negative.

Pretty much self-explainatory. These aren't known gangsters deep in the hood, these are some kids at the Taco Bell. So it is actually a different situation from what I refer to.

Edited by Estes
2 minutes ago, Estes said:

Pretty much self-explainatory. These aren't known gangsters deep in the hood, these are some kids at the Taco Bell.

Yeah, as I pointed out.. If that's your only debate back to what I said I don't think there's much else I can throw in here.

"Some kids at taco bell"  like it doesn't take balls to talk down a group of 30 people regardless of age, seen young people like them give cops a hard time again and again and it's no rare case in the US some 16 year old is thrown inside for some fucked up crime.

**Edit** If you want a better video watch the one I linked on your other guide. ?

Edited by Rastapasta
**Edit**

Yeah, as I pointed out.. If that's your only debate back to what I said I don't think there's much else I can throw in here.

"Some kids at taco bell"  like it doesn't take balls to talk down a group of 30 people regardless of age, seen young people like them give cops a hard time again and again and it's no rare case in the US some 16 year old is thrown inside for some fucked up crime.

**Edit** If you want a better video watch the one I linked on your other guide. ?

Yeah, both videos are good. But they don't support nor deny the idea of my guides, though. Because again, I don't mean that police officers don't have interactions (especially positive ones), I'm just saying people must recognize the thin line between building a rapports and being cautionless.

And come on, there's a big difference between taco bell kids and gangsters. 

Just now, Estes said:

Yeah, both videos are good. But they don't support nor deny the idea of my guides, though. Because again, I don't mean that police officers don't have interactions (especially positive ones), I'm just saying people must recognize the thin line between building a rapports and being cautionless.

And come on, there's a big difference between taco bell kids and gangsters. 

If you read back I didn't support or deny any idea's thrown out all together.. I simply said that I felt you and owen were posting from two different contexts of policing in the server. You were posting from the view-point of what is actually wrong in the LEO scene where as owen posted how it actually is in the real world. 

I'm not disagreeing with most of your opinions, I was simply middle-manning what you two were debating and I felt like you got defensive off the bat.

"Big difference between taco bell kids and gangsters" I like how you label a crowd of 30 as goofball kids because they're at taco bell hanging, how do you know any of them aren't criminals?  Half of the dudes kicking there have beards bro, you're telling me you're going to treat everyone in that crowd like a bunch of kids? That the cop had no reason to feel intimidated? The truth is, he didn't come across as intimidated because he probably interacts with the locals of the area he patrols 24/7 as stated.

If you read back I didn't support or deny any idea's thrown out all together.. I simply said that I felt you and owen were posting from two different contexts of policing in the server. You were posting from the view-point of what is actually wrong in the LEO scene where as owen posted how it actually is in the real world. 

I'm not disagreeing with most of your opinions, I was simply middle-manning what you two were debating and I felt like you got defensive off the bat.

Now it makes sense to me, yeah.

"Big difference between taco bell kids and gangsters" I like how you label a crowd of 30 as goofball kids because they're at taco bell hanging, how do you know any of them aren't criminals?  Half of the dudes kicking there have beards bro, you're telling me you're going to treat everyone in that crowd like a bunch of kids? That the cop had no reason to feel intimidated? The truth is, he didn't come across as intimidated because he probably interacts with the locals of the area he patrols 24/7 as stated.

Yes, there is. The location, the circumstances, et cetera. 
I wouldn't go as far as making assumptions on interactions and patrols, but at least that's how it should be. And I'm in absolute agreement. Yet again, these are not the circumstances that would be intimidating, no. 

6 minutes ago, Estes said:

Now it makes sense to me, yeah.

Yes, there is. The location, the circumstances, et cetera. 
I wouldn't go as far as making assumptions on interactions and patrols, but at least that's how it should be. And I'm in absolute agreement. Yet again, these are not the circumstances that would be intimidating, no. 

Yeah, sorry if it came off like I was disagreeing I just felt you two had different angles of the topic which were both correct.

To lighten the mood up a little, some community outreach! :

29 minutes ago, Rastapasta said:

Yeah, sorry if it came off like I was disagreeing I just felt you two had different angles of the topic which were both correct.

To lighten the mood up a little, some community outreach! :

???

even if you were, it's okay to disagree 

damn I remember this video. Old af

1 hour ago, rams said:

Nice of you to take the time to write this, but it's a little... redundant and inaccurate?

Care to explain how?

Because it is accurate and does reflect the proper approach towards GSS roleplay. 

#changemymind and years of experience. 

Edited by Estes