Join Existing Factions

Ted

7 hours ago, El Ghetto Man said:

The thing with what ur saying about these 'we were here before your mum' type background stories for gangs is that 90% of street gangs that exist have existed for years and years beforehand in their respective communities. I don't see how it doesn't make sense, it gives these gangs much more to roleplay off, than just suddenly existing as of June 12, 2020. Most known gangs today have been in their ethnic communities for decades, some gangs are as old as 100 years old.

I am not saying they weren't. It just looks bit weird if you start rping such on a turf that's inhabited by different gang. That's what I meant.

Just now, Engelbert said:

I am not saying they weren't. It just looks bit weird if you start rping such on a turf that's inhabited by different gang. That's what I meant.

It happens in real life. Gangs go defunct, new gangs take over that area. the old gang that was there before pops back up and retakes the area, the gang goes defunct, a new gang pops up. It's a never ending cycle.

Personally I just wish people would stop making new outlaw motorcycle club factions. Most of them don't have a basic grasp of how they work, watch SOA or Gangland undercover and throw an MC thread up. They come in claiming turf which in that culture is an act of war on the existing clubs, and then report you when you react accordingly IC and become hostile. IRL if a club is insistent on setting up a charter in a territory already controlled by other more dominant clubs, they need to play the politics very delicately. They start by associating with the existing MC, befriending them to the point where they have their consent to fly nomad in that state, and then it's a continuation of fostering relations with the local clubs until you have their consent to set up. On GTAW, oblivious new players just make their faction, slap any old bottom rocker and side rocker on, claiming lumps of turf or even the state, and then don't understand why they are coming under attack from the state doms. Outlaw MCs are extremely territorial and frequently stab, shoot and bomb over territorial disputes irl, anybody who can't grasp that has no business making an outlaw MC faction and should just join an existing one rather than inflicting a pointless PK war on the existing factions. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 3
4 minutes ago, Brox said:

Personally I just wish people would stop making new outlaw motorcycle club factions. Most of them don't have a basic grasp of how they work, watch SOA or Gangland undercover and throw an MC thread up. They come in claiming turf which in that culture is an act of war on the existing clubs, and then report you when you react accordingly IC and become hostile. IRL if a club is insistent on setting up a charter in a territory already controlled by other more dominant clubs, they need to play the politics very delicately. They start by associating with the existing MC, befriending them to the point where they have their consent to fly nomad in that state, and then it's a continuation of fostering relations with the local clubs until you have their consent to set up. On GTAW, oblivious new players just make their faction, slap any old bottom rocker and side rocker on, claiming lumps of turf or even the state, and then don't understand why they are coming under attack from the state doms. Outlaw MCs are extremely territorial and frequently stab, shoot and bomb over territorial disputes irl, anybody who can't grasp that has no business making an outlaw MC faction and should just join an existing one rather than inflicting a pointless PK war on the existing factions. 

^^ this.

• Applaud 1

Due to map size, turf is a massive issue. With so many gangs popping up, street, mc, organized, ect, it's almost impossible to start off in an area without stepping on someone's toes. For street gangs, especially those in south LS, the area is so condensed that up and coming groups will more often then not, be pressed and more than likely killed over being in the same area as an existing gang. Take Chamberlain for example; there's three gangs in that one area alone: Rolling 60s Crips, Rolling 90s Crips, Tortilla Flats 13, and there was a Blood faction that was setting up recently in the area as well. At one point there were four gangs on Grove Street, two or three being Crip factions that were killed off by the other sets very quickly, iirc. 

Edited by Dustyboi
3 hours ago, Brox said:

Reads like "no one that isn't in my OOC friend group can make a MC club" 

I think the problem also lays with the leaders of the faction and the server as well. They must be doing something wrong to make it so people would rather make their own factions than join theirs. 

Edited: Grammar. 

Edited by springie