What business would you like to see?

Aellerix

4 hours ago, mj2002 said:

I think you should not underestimate that some people find roleplay that resembles 'work', fun as well. You can see this by looking at the success of simulation games in Germany, but also any business management games or the truck driver games. If there is money to be made, people will do it! I think that sort of roleplay is not inherently less desirable than going to a club or hanging out with friends. As long as it is entertaining and most importantly, provides for interaction with other roleplayers that might need something.

Alas, if this were true, it would exist already. Unfortunately, no such generic office worker position currently exists outside of small minimalist administration teams, usually the bare minimum required to maintain a profit and often made up of managers rather than average office worker personnel. 

This is not an unusual phenomenon, and it even shows with the current starter jobs - regardless of every obstacle and requirement put in the way, people will cut as many corners and do as little actual work as possible to get back to finish the job so that they can get back to roleplay, as that is the core purpose of the server - roleplay.

On 6/9/2020 at 6:15 AM, mj2002 said:

What would they sell though? And how would people have this delivered? As far as I know, there is no system to deliver items when someone is not at home. If there was to be some sort of mailbox feature, this could be a fun extension and also have some more meaningful interaction for delivery drivers. I'm sure it wouldnt take long before someone started GTA World's alternative to Amazon. 

However, I think this really all depends on what such things are selling. If it isnt offering anything interesting, why would people bother.

I think you should not underestimate that some people find roleplay that resembles 'work', fun as well. You can see this by looking at the success of simulation games in Germany, but also any business management games or the truck driver games. If there is money to be made, people will do it! I think that sort of roleplay is not inherently less desirable than going to a club or hanging out with friends. As long as it is entertaining and most importantly, provides for interaction with other roleplayers that might need something.

You can sell many things. Phones, computers, laptops, printers, edible goods (snacks), virus softeware programs etc... any thing that you can conceive.

As for the issue revolving around delivery? Request for the character's address and then meet them at the location. The company would have 1-2 delivery service workers for this type of job.

6 minutes ago, DLimit said:

You can sell many things. Phones, computers, laptops, printers, edible goods (snacks), virus softeware programs etc... any thing that you can conceive.

As for the issue revolving around delivery? Request for the character's address and then meet them at the location. The company would have 1-2 delivery service workers for this type of job.

Meeting someone on the spot makes sense. However, beyond phones, I dont see a lot of use in this. There are simply only a limited amount of items that people can actually find useful in GTA:W. If it doesn't have a use, like many of the electronics you mentioned, then what is the benefit of setting such a thing up, over let's say the Digital Den electronics store? 

I'm not saying it can't or shouldn't be done, just to be clear. It just seems with limited interactivity, it will also find limited success.

Just now, mj2002 said:

Meeting someone on the spot makes sense. However, beyond phones, I dont see a lot of use in this. There are simply only a limited amount of items that people can actually find useful in GTA:W. If it doesn't have a use, like many of the electronics you mentioned, then what is the benefit of setting such a thing up, over let's say the Digital Den electronics store? 

I'm not saying it can't or shouldn't be done, just to be clear. It just seems with limited interactivity, it will also find limited success.

I've owned a pawn shop with an inventory that was 50% jewelry and 40% electronics. These items sold, most of the time, as value is determined based on the R.P. benefits of the item, on a high-level R.P. server.

EDIT: The same claim could be used with the Digital Den and other jewelry stores, as these places attain sales based on their R.P. value.

Telemarketing scams were successful on one of my old characters, as-well... simply called every single phone number that I've ever witnessed in character, and proceeded to conduct "Anti-Virus Software" scams on these targets. It was a 40% success rate.... heavily enjoyable R.P. with profitable gains.

Edited by DLimit
Just now, DLimit said:

I've owned a pawn shop with an inventory that was 50% jewelry and 40% electronics. These items sold, most of the time, as value is determined based on the R.P. benefits of the item, on a high-level R.P. server.

But this is sort of my point. Why would you go to an 'online service' and create relatively boring office RP + delivery service, when you can just create a pawn shop instead.

1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

But this is sort of my point. Why would you go to an 'online service' and create relatively boring office RP + delivery service, when you can just create a pawn shop instead.

A) it's unique
B) It's not boring for every one.
C) It develops roleplay.

We're on a high-level R.P. server, with a good chunk of players valuing R.P. over assets... one person roleplayed fixing my floorboards within a business, without any script benefits... it was simply an hour of "/me"s of a person fixing a broken floorboard. This concept appeals to a good portion of players that value these type of jobs.

Edit: I've roleplayed as a telemarketing scammer, spending at least twenty to thirty minutes on each client to persuade them to banktransfer $800 through "Western Union" inside a "24/7"... it was entertaining, on both sides.

Good cases to take into consideration.

Edited by DLimit
Just now, mj2002 said:

I mean, if you think it can work, then by all means. I'm actually interested to see if this can work out. If there is interest in this, as you say, then it can definitely be something good.

Got a character to give it a try?

Unfortunately, he was CK'd. I'm heavily prioritizing on my Psychic shop. However, if you desire to push fourth this idea, then produce the concept and advertise it... eventually, one of my alts will need some extra cash.