[LSNN] Questions abound regarding the slaying of two police officers on Bay City Avenue

Pixie

rhAmYtM.jpg

Questions abound regarding the slaying of two police officers on Bay City Avenue

By SAM BROUWER

hjvS6eK.png

The location of a double homicide, one week later.

In the early hours of May 27th, two unnamed officers of the Los Santos Police Department were gunned down on Bay City Avenue, on the sidewalk in front of Taco Libre.

The murder of a police officer rarely goes unpunished, as law enforcement scrambles to pursue justice in the name of the siblings they've lost. Despite taking place over a week ago, however, it seems apparent that this double homicide is yet unsolved. Why have Los Santos' finest found themselves incapable of apprehending a killer at large? And, perhaps just as important, why were these men the victims of violent crime in the first place?

Like many violent crimes, the exact details of this case are complicated. Here's what I know based on information collected from officers who were present at the scene of the crime, as well as a witness of the shooting who wishes to remain anonymous, hereafter referred to as "C":

At 1:00 AM CST, on the morning of May 27th, two police officers—one of whom was a detective in the Police Department's Gangs and Narcotics Division—were preparing to enjoy a bike ride through Vespucci. While the officers were talking to C and enjoying their late night, a red sedan pulled over beside them. The two men occupying the vehicle insisted that they recognized the detective, and when the detective denied ever having met them, the men exited their vehicle.

It was at this point that the detective drew his gun, and—despite insisting that they "weren't going to do anything"—the killers drew their own guns and shot both officers down where they stood. C, who had by then retreated to safety and called the police, says that "the place was flooded with deputies and police officers" shortly thereafter.

Based on reports from the scene, I am led to believe that one killer fled on foot while another escaped in their sedan. The culprit who escaped on foot was pursued by police and killed in a gunfight on the northern side of Imagination Court, while the man who left the scene in his sedan, it seems, has yet to be apprehended.

While the killers were not named, I am aware that the man gunned down at Imagination Court was received as a John Doe, and that his potential accomplice is known to have ties to unspecified criminal organizations in Los Santos.

The facts as we know them beg many questions: Did these men know the two police officers they killed? It's not surprising that the officers would deny this in a public setting while off duty—but is it possible that these men, with their potential criminal affiliations, specifically targeted the Gangs and Narcotics detective? If so, there are other pertinent questions—such as how they recognized him in the first place. I am told by one of my anonymous sources that the detective's casework within the Gangs and Narcotics Division was "not public [knowledge]."

Who, then, might have pointed these cold-blooded killers towards the detective? Could this have been a reprisal for a prior arrest, or was this detective slain because of his investigation of the myriad criminal factions of Los Santos?

Unfortunately, I can't answer those questions. But there are other concerns.

Why, after more than a full calendar week, have no official arrests been made? Why have the families of these officers, who were senselessly killed in the street, not yet received justice? How long must they mourn, hungry for answers, and brokenhearted by loss?

It seems to me that interdepartmental conflict may be to blame.

Based on interviews I've conducted, I know that the Sheriff's Department assumed primary investigation of the shooting, despite the fact that the victims were employees of the Police Department. Despite the fact that the shooting took place firmly in Police Department jurisdiction.

My sources tell me this is "standard and frustratingly routine." It seems that the Sheriff's Department taking over investigatory duties that the Police Department should be handling is all too commonplace.

And yet, if the Sheriff's Department has assumed responsibility for the investigation of the shooting... why have no arrests been made? Why have there been no press releases regarding the apprehension of a reviled cop killer?

When I reached out to the Sheriff's Department for commentary, their Commanding Media Advisor, SGT Natalia Florence, informed me that they "do not have any information pertinent to [the double homicide] available to be disclosed at this moment in time."

Which suggests that the investigation is ongoing. But why?

On December 26th, 2018, Officer Ronil Singh—a San Andreas Sheriff's Deputy—was shot to death by a man whom he had pulled over for DUI. His killer was arrested 55 hours later.

On November 20th, 2016, Benjamin Marconi—a San Antonio police detective—was shot to death while sitting in his car. His killer was arrested 24 hours later.

On November 2nd, 2016, Anthony Beminio and Justin Martin—both Iowa police officers—were ambushed and shot to death. Their killer was arrested just eight hours later.

It's clear that other police and sheriff's departments take cop-killing seriously. Do ours? This period of silence and inaction is unprecedented, and I, for one, would like to know when these officers' families can say, "Justice has been served."

The Los Santos Police Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment. This article will be updated to reflect their response, should they provide one.

ESad.png

7wOvG2x.png

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 2

Name: juStrice
Comment: This is a shocking excuse for a 'news' article. Report news and facts, not your own fucking opinions and speculations. Shame on LSNN for this. Awful representation of journalism. Hopefully executive managers do the right thing and replace this with an actual article, not a gossip magazine exert.

Username: hahad12

Comment: All the County Sheriffs are a bunch of Gangsters with and their Sheriff Patrick doesn't care about what he is do he just wants the good press and the goon squad keeps running the streets fuck all the cowboys stop typing Google stop typing Google I said stop now

• Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic