Guard Card Requirements

DLimit

Subject: Guard Card Requirements
Simple Suggestion: Remove "Must Possess a P.F. License" as the mandatory requirement to apply for a guard card.

Detailed Explanation: Remove "Must Possess a P.F. License" as the mandatory requirement to apply for a guard card. In order to attain a P.F. License, one must possess fourty hours of I.G. time on that character. However, to apply for a guard card, one must possess a total of eight hours of I.G. time. Thus, it seems illogical for one to be forced to attain a P.F. license that requires 40 hours of I.G. activity in order to attain a G.C. license that requires 8 hours of in-game activity. Furthermore, most guards within North America are not obligated to attain a firearm to practice security work, what-so-ever, unless it were to be high-risk jobs that requires guards to be armed. On my site, as an I.R.L. security guard, we do not even possess batons or hand-cuffs. Security agents are expected to defuse and report incidences that occur on their sites rather than to utilize force, most of the time, as-well. Thus, it should not be mandatory for security agents to be FORCED to attain their P.F. license in order to apply for their G.C. license. 

16 minutes ago, shareef2 said:

Are you required a Guard Card to act as an unarmed guard? Never thought of this. If so, support this for sure.

I had always presumed that a guard card was the equivalent to a security guard license. However, in this case, it's also used to allow security guards to open-carry a firearm. 

Edit: It doesn't emphasize whether a security guard should have a license or not. If this is the case, then people should be forced to attain a license if they desire to engage in legal security work, as mandated all over North America.

Edited by DLimit
Just now, DLimit said:

I had always presumed that a guard card was the equivalent to a security guard license. However, in this case, it's also used to allow security guards to open-carry a firearm.

That's what I mean. If you actually need a guard card just to be an unarmed guard, then this is definitely full support, but if you don't then I don't see a problem. 

The guard card isn't required for you to operate as a security guard. It is only required for when you wish to work as an armed security guard, thus a PF license is required, as without a PF license you cannot purchase a firearm. 

So in that case, having a guard card without a PF will make zero sense. 

Considering the forty hours rule, it might be that they just forgot to update it for the CCW and Guard Card, as I'd assume they will do. 

The forty hours time you have to wait before you can attain the PF license is what I'd assume, to prevent abuse of the license from players that had just joined the community, and I can see why. I have seen multiple questions in the GTA World Discord's support chat of new community members asking where to apply for a PF. Where I don't see the wrong in that, I just think they updated the rule to prevent everyone from immediately going and getting the license without knowing what restrictions are on PF holders.  

Changing how they have it now will mean a fourth license will have to be brought out in order to keep the Guard Card as it is, which is intended for security guards that want to carry a firearm when working. There's no need to change it, it's good as it is.

Edited by TheUnknown54
5 minutes ago, TheUnknown54 said:

The guard card isn't required for you to operate as a security guard. It is only required for when you wish to work as an armed security guard, thus a PF license is required, as without a PF license you cannot purchase a firearm. 

So in that case, having a guard card without a PF will make zero sense. 

Considering the forty hours rule, it might be that they just forgot to update it for the CCW and Guard Card, as I'd assume they will do. 

The forty hours time you have to wait before you can attain the PF license is what I'd assume, to prevent abuse of the license from players that had just joined the community, and I can see why. I have seen multiple questions in the GTA World Discord's support chat of new community members asking where to apply for a PF. Where I don't see the wrong in that, I just think they updated the rule to prevent everyone from immediately going and getting the license without knowing what restrictions are on PF holders.  

Changing how they have it now will mean a fourth license will have to be brought out in order to keep the Guard Card as it is, which is intended for security guards that want to carry a firearm when working. There's no need to change it, it's good as it is.

This, and currently bouncers don't need a valid GC to perform their duties without firearm. GC just means you can carry on duty, which is rather unnecessary when it comes to, for example, guarding clubs and similar establishments.

As stated above, the Guard Card permit is only for people who wish to be armed security. Citizen who wish to perform security duties without a firearm are able to do so already.

Quoted from the information topic on the LSPD's website regarding the Guard Card: ''A San Andreas Guard Card (GC) permits its owner to perform security duties as an armed guard within the state of San Andreas. The role of a security guard includes loss prevention, store security, nightclub security, school security, and a variety of other roles.''

On 6/3/2020 at 11:15 AM, shareef2 said:

Are you required a Guard Card to act as an unarmed guard? Never thought of this. If so, support this for sure.

Normally you need a proper license to be working as a guard. Obtaining such license takes roughly 3 weeks of self defence, first aid exams and law study. Final exam in the end is supervised by police department and they decide whether or not you pass. Least in EU. Without it, working as guard is considered a crime.

Edited by Engelbert

Hi, as one of the leaders of the Firearms Licensing Division I can say that the rule was recently changed from 6 hours on character and 40 hours across all characters, and will not be removed. The Purchase Firearm license is prerequisite for all state licensing, and you can be a guard without a Guard Card, just not a armed one. 

I have amended the topic and removed the line that states you need eight hours, as it was no longer necessary. The rule for needing forty hours to apply for a Purchase Firearm license will however remain, as explained above.

image.png.6f5c2d6170ed54770aca2244fc324ea3.png

Edited by Humour
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Humour said:

Hi, as one of the leaders of the Firearms Licensing Division I can say that the rule was recently changed from 6 hours on character and 40 hours across all characters, and will not be removed. The Purchase Firearm license is prerequisite for all state licensing, and you can be a guard without a Guard Card, just not a licensed one. 

I have amended the topic and removed the line that states you need eight hours, as it was no longer necessary. The rule for needing forty hours to apply for a Purchase Firearm license will however remain, as explained above.

image.png.6f5c2d6170ed54770aca2244fc324ea3.png

Brilliant, I have clarification on my current situation. At least I can proclaim to be an unarmed security guard for the time being. Much appreciated.

L&A this topic.

• mj2002 locked this topic