The LSPD & Voice Chat

zaXer.

58 minutes ago, Declan said:

Teamspeak channels should never be used to co-ordinate IC things (unless its an IC channel). This has and always will be frowned upon. It's metagaming and if you have sufficient proof you can report them.

No need to get any more elaborate than this. If somebody is metagaming, you report them.

See here for the "Player Reports" section.

And you can click here for the format to go into the aforementioned section.

Just now, Wirbelwind said:

No need to get any more elaborate than this. If somebody is metagaming, you report them.

See here for the "Player Reports" section.

And you can click here for the format to go into the aforementioned section.

I think that about sums it up. Are we all done here?

5 minutes ago, Exploits said:

How about we just address the issue of TeamSpeak misuse, instead of handwaving and saying everything else is impossible  but also we never ever abuse things (but if we did you better have your papers, please)?

You are giving absurd solutions, and we are giving you our opinion about it. And yes I've never seen TS being abused, why should I take your word up for it when there has been no reports or complaints forwarded to LSPD. You are arguing for an idea and criticising us for disagreeing with you...

Edited by Morgan
Just now, Morgan said:

You are giving absurd solutions, and we are giving you our opinion about it. And yes I've never seen TS being abused, why should I take your word up for it when there has been no reports or complaints forwarded to LSPD. You are arguing for an idea and criticising us for disagreeing with you...

Yeah, strange, why aren't people in our private TeamSpeak to collect evidence from us for our abuses? They must not be trying hard enough. That must be it. Great job, case closed, Johnson.

I'm not presenting any solutions. I've provided my past and current experiences with it. Hilariously you've taken it as some sort of attack. I criticize you and others because your lines of argument are a joke and should rightly be mocked.

Just now, Max3 said:

I’m cool with them using it for pursuits but calling out shots? no. you’re shooting a gun while holding the radio button screaming “Shots fired Grove Street” but still nailing every shot?

I've never been a fan of the radio apparently granting us three arms instead of two, either. I'm no saint, but I try to be doing just the one thing at a time. Often though the adrenaline hits and you just forget. But I've yet to get into even a shootout here, so who knows how I'd be nowadays.

• Keane locked this topic

It's unfortunate that this couldn't have been a civil discussion. I'll answer the original question.

1 hour ago, zaXer. said:

why are PD allowed to voice chat the whole time while on duty?

Because other players can too. It's only used IC for situations where typing isn't possible. Anyone that uses it for IC communication outside of emergency situations is metagaming and will be treated like any other player that commits the same offence. Feel free to report any instances of suspected metagame by PD or SD in a regular player report, to the leadership of the faction they come from or to Legal FM.

• Upvote 2