Crackdown on non roleplay driving

Curty

Hello, since I've been playing this server, I have noticed that 90% of the players that I've come across do not follow basic road laws and I find it quite unrealistic that so many people do not follow traffic laws. I propose that the admin team and the law enforcement agencies work together to crackdown on the amount of people that violate traffic laws. The admins could possibly follow up with players to find out why they're driving manically and see if they have a good IC reason for it. The admins can also follow up with the police department and make sure they're regularly stopping players who violate traffic laws and fining/arresting appropriately. In addition, I've seen people have collisions with other vehicles and they straight away take it to /b and ask to skip. It'd be nice to see this completely disappear as you're expected to roleplay at all times even if you're alone. Lastly, if the traffic lights are in sync for everybody then I suggest they be roleplayed for obvious reasons. I'm suggesting this because from the way that I've seen people drive, it does not look like a heavy RP server and I want to see action taken and see an improvement in the near future so that the driving is up to par with the roleplay standards.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Edited by Curty
On 5/29/2020 at 11:26 AM, DLimit said:

Both the admins and Law enforcement are strict when it comes to traffic laws. Report the players that seem to be driving recklessly in an non-RP manner.

I mean it's like 80% of the people.

12 minutes ago, Lmao said:

Just allow the cops to cut driver's licenses more often.

People don't take license suspensions seriously. Especially people who impoundment isn't effective because they have seven sports cars. 

52 minutes ago, DLimit said:

For me, it's only around 30% of the server. Nontheless, report these people through /report in order to notify the admins that they have to surveil this person.

I guess it also depends on the time of the day. It is also not necessarily easy to see who is driving like this, because they are driving like this...

not roleplaying collisions/reckless driving is already against the rules and enforced by admins, police do actually enforce traffic laws pretty often and most people will take a collision to /b because it occurred due to sync issues. I know a lot of people are probably lying about this but iirc devs are already focusing on improving sync and general optimisation so hopefully it shouldn't be much of a problem in the future.

I do feel like punishments for driving offenses do need to be harsher. Given the ease of getting money, a $5,000 fine for failure to yield a second time isn't really too much of a deterrent. 

Up fine suspensions and how long we can cut licenses for. Let it be an actual hinderance to people. 

• Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I think people are always going to be driving recklessly, there isn't a lot you can do.

Another problem at the moment is I'd say half the accidents that happen IG are due to sync issues. And you usually find at least one half claims it was sync.

The whole idea of RPing accidents is quite difficult without the synced damage and or with the occasional occurance where someone hits you but not on there screen (happens much less than it did this time last year).

From the point of view of making people less likely to drive recklessly they will still do it, if you increase the fines and or suspend there licenses it stops them from doing it but they'll get confident again and continue doing it unlike in real life getting a ticket only negatively affects your current funds and or a bit of time and for the players which are the worse for reckless driving in my experience it isn't a worry spending 5k on a ticket or just getting a new license (they are often the type that evade for fun). I'd say the average person who gets a ticket will drive sensibly for a few hours and then go back to normal. And even then it's quite difficult for people to drive sensibly in these cars, most cars speed up extremely quickly and a lot of the time the roads are empty.

I think the only road law that can really be enforced on the server is intersections and or if the speed is insanely off the speed limit (100 in a 50) as even in a Asbo it accelerates above 60 extremely quick. And if you just follow the 50 using /sp the engines sound awful (as in many cars the games about to upshift them) so it's not enjoyable.

Of course if someones driving the wrong way in traffic or all over the place then that can be stopped as well.

• mj2002 locked this topic