[POLL] Should clinics be allowed to test drugs?

Mecovy

[Poll] Would you like to see clinics provide drug purity tests  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Across the world, and in the USA there are an increasing number of labs and medical practices which offer the ability for drug users to "drop off" a sample of an illicit substance in which a lab would test the product and inform the individual of what the strength is (i.e is it a lethal dose if someone took this?) and any impurities which may be harmful.

In the world of GTA at least, this doesn't exist. But whilst I write up a document to submit to the JSA/FM and Gov to try push something like this through, I first want the communities' input on it as this may be the best tool yet to push something through if people want it. I've already held brief talks with Brett and Sharvit about it and the realism behind such a cause.

Just to clear up as well, no drugs would be kept after, anything submitted for testing would be destroyed once the results are in and stored. 

I'd like if people who vote Yes or No, to give a brief reason why, or to even ask questions.

Edited by Mecovy

I mean urgent care and clinics are normally allowed to test your pee and stuff like that so I don't see why you aren't allowed to test for drugs. If anything they would use hair samples and other stuff to check. Most places are allowed to do it realistically.

Just now, Frezemis said:

I mean urgent care and clinics are normally allowed to test your pee and stuff like that so I don't see why you aren't allowed to test for drugs. If anything they would use hair samples and other stuff to check. Most places are allowed to do it realistically.

Not drug testing in that way, this isn't for LEO's. This is for users to submit them for testing to make sure its safe.

2 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

Not drug testing in that way, this isn't for LEO's. This is for users to submit them for testing to make sure its safe.

Why would it be for LEO's? Isn't HIPPA a thing to prevent things like that from LEOs. If you can test someone for drug use, you have labs to test drugs. I'm still firm on a yes because I don't see the harm in it personally and it's not that big of a deal for you to figure out what's in a drug to find out whether it's lethal or not and what it's made of. 

My first post may be misunderstood so I'll elaborate.

If clinics can test people for drugs. They have the labs to test the actual drugs for it's potency and the contents of that drug. It's basically the same thing.

Edited by Frezemis

I would love to see this. It would create a million good roleplay opportunities for both legal and illegal roleplayers. Stealing test results and blackmailing people for example would be another smart way to make money as an illegal roleplayer. I support the idea. 

3 hours ago, Frezemis said:

Why would it be for LEO's? Isn't HIPPA a thing to prevent things like that from LEOs. If you can test someone for drug use, you have labs to test drugs. I'm still firm on a yes because I don't see the harm in it personally and it's not that big of a deal for you to figure out what's in a drug to find out whether it's lethal or not and what it's made of. 

My first post may be misunderstood so I'll elaborate.

If clinics can test people for drugs. They have the labs to test the actual drugs for it's potency and the contents of that drug. It's basically the same thing.

HIPAA has clauses in which X is permitted, under law, to disclose to law enforcement, such as for "the reporting of certain types of wounds or other physical injuries," or "court order or court-ordered warrant, or a subpoena or summons issued by a judicial officer," or "for the purpose of identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness, or missing person," or when the patient(s) "is or is suspected to be a victim of a crime," or to notify law enforcement when "the covered entity believes in good faith constitutes evidence of criminal conduct that occurred on the premises of the covered entity," including emergencies, etc. (https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/45/164.512).

These are, however, circumstances in which the covered entity - in this case, the clinic(s) - are not liable for disclosures; when the disclosures aren't considered unlawful. They aren't a mandate to openly report, which is usually done by court subpoena or through state law (mandatory abuse reporting, etc.). 

Clinics need more activities to do. I think the people that voted no don't have a clue what medical facilities actually are able to do. In real life the end result is positive and on this server would just be another roleplay experience people could do outside of generic stuff like check-ups. The only way it would not be good is if the individual roleplayers were not up to par. That can be handled on its own separately.