Base for server realism.

TakeTwo

55 minutes ago, arrdef said:

Unless I see people actively roleplaying santa ana winds when they hang out in Vespucci, I don't see any reason to take the claim that SA replaces CA seriously.

What happens if something like the Democratic Convention happens in Los Angeles? Do we bring in NPC Joe Biden?

That's an irrelevant argument.

Again, we don't mimic nor simulate California. Just because something happens in California, it doesn't mean we'll be role-playing it. We portray California and we try to be as realistic as playable.

It's not irrelevant at all, your logic is simply incomplete. If SA replaces CA, what becomes of events that would go down in California and go on to influence the rest of the country? This includes weather and politics (the two examples I mentioned), but also other things.

Edited by arrdef
58 minutes ago, arrdef said:

Unless I see people actively roleplaying santa ana winds when they hang out in Vespucci, I don't see any reason to take the claim that SA replaces CA seriously.

What happens if something like the Democratic Convention happens in Los Angeles? Do we bring in NPC Joe Biden?

Vespucci is based off Santa Monica & Venice Beach.

I don’t see the problem with referring to stuff like that in game? It creates roleplay and creates conversations.

Suspension of disbelief. Somewhere on the west coast, in the general area of San Andreas, xyz happened. There's already lore for stuff such as the riots, the federal indictment of the former sheriff and so on. I see no problem taking that in context and making it lore friendly. History's important.

Tbh you're thinking too much into it for the sake of arguing. It still makes no sense to me how something so minuscule can be detrimental or not to your role-play. Whether people regard what's happening in the outside world or not in their role-play is up to them but they can, and quite frankly should. Take example of the riots against police starting over the Minneapolis death that happen all over the country now.

Edited by liq

it does bring up a bit of an interesting conundrum. If California still exists, does Liberty City exist or New York City, or both? Miami or Vice City?

I don't really think there's a "right" or "wrong" answer, but it is interesting to think about.

Lore is something. I'm talking about current and future events. If SA replaces CA, and LS replaces LA, what happens if something like the Rodney King riots happens again in LA? In 2021?

Edited by arrdef
3 minutes ago, arrdef said:

I'm not questioning referring to things in game. I'm questioning removing the most populated state of the US from existence.

In my opinion, you need to — you can’t have two copycat states. Look at our legal system, badges, agencies. Everything we roleplay is based off of California our flag is literally the California flag with a beaver slapped in the middle instead of a bear. It just makes no feasible sense to continue roleplaying California as California. Where would San Andreas go on the map? 

Edited by Declan
  • Upvote 1

You let it play out and then it'll be integrated into lore the same way the actual Rodney King riots are embedded in IC lore for as the Police Department's been role-playing the federal decree and the Sheriff's Department's been role-play the lack thereof. What's the issue there?

Edited by liq
Just now, arrdef said:

Lore is something. I'm talking about current and future events. If SA replaces CA, and LS replaces LA, what happens if something like the Rodney Kings riots happens again? In 2021?

Generally current events are suspended or negated regardless (at minimum they're modified to work in the setting). For example realistically a city the size of LS would be under major COVID lockdowns and restrictions right now, but as a community people generally agreed that people wanted to get away from that and not roleplay it in a video game. If that's possible there's no reason we'd have to be bound to whatever current events are happening in LA.

Edited by bartman