Language barrier bans unfair?

On My post from earlier The topic of high standards came up as a means to discourage new players, This is MY quote from that,

This statement Refers to situations where people are banned for lack of English, I have not seen many examples of this personally but from being on other servers this makes 0 sense here. 

''My only concern about 'elitism' is when people use the reason to ban another, ''Unsuitable levels of English.''  As someone who learns French, I decided to join a French Minecraft server last year, I was okay, it helped me improve my French a lot, The French admins were extremely grateful to have some people who weren't French in their server, As a community I think there should be relaxed rules on this.. In society especially in Cities like LA there are so many different Nationalities That It is a viable RP character, I feel as long as someone knows enough English to interact with the staff, they should be able to Play as a Bilingual Character, This is also the same for grammar, If terms are shortened or colloquialised then surely that should be allowed... 

If there is an issue why the admins are unable to do this then please feel free to let me know ? 

A possible solution is have bilingual people on the staff team, replying to ban appeals and being in game, but not letting them necessarily have the power to ban or do admin work, I'd be happy to help with languages in that case I'm sure others would as well..''

It feels like a case of ''I say potato you say potato'' I Think People should be able to use a language that at least consists of Latin characters (The Alphabet) and not Cyrillic or Pinyin or any other character based language as this probably would be too hard to implement across the server if it doesn't run off a Unicode based text.

As for Punctuation, I feel that it is useful but a lack of punctuation can more involve your character, and also having a relaxed rule for this could make Bilingual People's lives easier on the server.

Just food for thought.. I'm gonna go eat a baked potato.. or potato.. Depending where you're from.

Luca ?

Link to original post.. 

Let me know If I'm completely wrong, but let me know if you agree, I'll try to Throw my opinion onto most replies ?

Edited by Luca Etienne
Forgot a key point
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, bartman said:

I'm uh...not sure a minecraft server and a self described heavy roleplay server are fair comparisons 

Not Really, But surely it doesn't seem a little unfair that people are getting banned for what I assume is not knowing enough English to fully RP situations and then getting permabanned because of it.. when this is a global server?

I could have used a RP server as example but I went for something I've actually Been part of sorry if that confused things

Edited by Luca Etienne
Forgot a key point

it's an english speaking server. if someone can't properly string together cohesive messages then they aren't suited for the server. it doesn't matter where you're from, just as long as your english is up to standards. i don't really see how this could be seen as unfair

8 minutes ago, Luca Etienne said:

Not Really, But surely it doesn't seem a little unfair that people are getting banned for what I assume is not knowing enough English to fully RP situations and then getting permabanned because of it.. when this is a global server?

I could have used a RP server as example but I went for something I've actually Been part of sorry if that confused things

This might be a server for EVERYONE, but it is an English RP server. You need a good understanding of the language to actually be able to play here. It's not unfair at all for people to be banned because of their shitty English. 

1 minute ago, Tennplugg said:

This might be a server for EVERYONE, but it is an English RP server. You need a good understanding of the language to actually be able to play here. It's not unfair at all for people to be banned because of their shitty English. 

that's also fair, I didn't see anywhere as this being advertised as English language only so It seemed a little bit skewed

Just now, Luca Etienne said:

that's also fair, I didn't see anywhere as this being advertised as English language only so It seemed a little bit skewed

ceaaf351e3.png

"EN/US"

does also the whole website and community being in English not show enough that you should do that?