[LSNN] Walk, Don't Drive.

1379202296_Logocomplete.png.65ed9d2f6de8eabb6d3cfd6a385f96e1.png

hpoJ5WC.png

Del Perro remains a popular running area.

Walk, Don't Drive!

Elizabeth Rankin

With smog filling the air, traffic building up and mental & physical health sliding lower and lower, LSNN looks towards the alternatives of driving - improving our happiness and our health at the same time, while protecting the climate of Los Santos - we can't really let it get hotter, right? Cycling, walking & running are all tried-and-tested methods of moving around the city, especially for people who do not have to commute very far. Replacing your commute with exercise improves your mood, boosts your energy for the day ahead, boosts your immunity system, strengthens your heart and helps lower your blood sugar. For those with a lengthier commute - why not replace your car with a bike?

Exercise - easier said than done. The major pitfall for most prospective runners or cyclists is the motivation to start - the goal of any new exercise routine, whether that's running, cycling or walking is to get yourself motivated. One way to do this is through a 'reward' system to encourage yourself to stick to your new routine, this could be by dropping off and getting some fries from Bite or by grabbing yourself a juice from Java Update Coffeeshop. Essentially, your aim should be to condition yourself to act like Pavlov's Dog - look for your goal, build motivation by conditioning with rewards and soon enough, the muscle memory and human nature for habits will do the rest of the work for you.

Switching out your driving commute for exercise has the potential to improve your health, and the health of other people around you.

NpL6naL.png

vcp63u9.png

Edited by HaveADream
  • Upvote 1

Username: skllll

Comment: Walk? Why so I can get flattened by the wannabe street racers who refuse to stop at cross walks and drive at over 150 MPH!!! Maybe I’ll walk when the LSPD does something about these SERIAL KILLERS on our roads!!!!

username; zookeeper

comment;

walk? and what? get robbed by a shirt hurling monkey cause I'm white, or murdered cause I'm black? the fuck you on, drive retard, being on foot in this town is asking to be robbed or worse.

41 minutes ago, jessica said:

Username: pinkputa

Comment: lol, park ur bike in vespucci and ur coming back to a frame without wheels lol delete this

Username: Korean George

Comment: What? Last time I only found wheels and no frame, frame has more value to it anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic