Spike Strips invisible

m4

Just now, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

No no no. You can't say something about one sided advantages one minute and then fairness the next when your point gets dropped. Because in addition to not aiming the weapon, it doesn't make sound either. So tell me - which is more fair? Desync'd spike strips? Or desync'd gun and sound animations where you can potentially just die without ever hearing or seeing anything?

yo man i dont know if u could tell the threads about spike strips not guns

Just now, friendlyman said:

So stop fucking complaining then?

I'm not going to argue with you anymore, especially in such a tone. I'm simply stating that bug reports should go in the correct section on the forums to get it investigated. If you don't do that, then don't expect it to be caught on by developers straight away and get handled.

And you're saying that the cop wasn't trying to shoot his tazer? That cop didn't die because of a bug, he died because he didn't have his gun out

The point isn't that the cop died, it's the guy shooting without any sound or animation showing that he has a gun.

One's a general bug with the engine/client or whatever it is, and the other is a clearly one-sided bug

They're not exactly comparable

They're 100% comparable. Because they're both on the client, and they're both desync'd by the client. Sooo - there's that. But I can see you're not even really wanting to actually discuss this. Unsurprising. So I'm out.

Just now, Humour said:

The point isn't that the cop died, it's the guy shooting without any sound or animation showing that he has a gun.

My man literally busts out the robot and you're saying he couldn't tell he had a gun?

Spike strips have no animation and are completely invisible

1 minute ago, friendlyman said:

My man literally busts out the robot and you're saying he couldn't tell he had a gun?

Spike strips have no animation and are completely invisible

They are completely visible, in fact. It's just that one instance.

BDxlvB2.jpg

BhiABPC.jpg

ZVGZylL.jpg

STdeWNw.jpg

Edited by Humour

OK. Here's the issue you've encountered.

With the texture work of some of the roads, the actual ground is a bit below the texture that some of the roads display. Because of the texture being elevated, sometimes the spike strip bugs below it and makes it hard to be seen. I've taken some pictures to show this;

8951a5a35a2fc0afb367b088b7cd106d.pngThis is the full texture of the spike strip (slightly elevated off the ground because the start of the strip correlates to your Y position and goes from there I can only guess).

0c2bf1c80559a21d7af976556d085b91.png

f2d7a7340c8e2b1255b6d9e39b864f25.png

This is a closeup and a bit further away to show that I've tried to place the strip as close as I can in the video. It's not a 1:1, but shows my original point off well.

e750edc329ccd69d42299d482fcfe904.png

This is the shoddy texture work that Rockstar has done. Notice how you can see the grey outline around the sole of the foot? That's because the texture isn't perfect and allows some room for things to be displayed below it. That's why you had the issue of not being able to see the spike strip (as well as the fact the person in the streamable has some weird visual mod where there's loads of sharpening).

Edited by rams
  • Upvote 1

That's a very old bug and is totally ridiculous. First the automatic /me's and the 2 commands you need to do to take the spikes, additionally the invisible spikes hapepn in 70% of the pursuits.

As far as I was made aware in an older discussion, Nervous had said spikes to not be used until they are fixed, I dont remember which admin said it, but after that for a while PD stopped using spikes. I dont know if it was ever fixed.