Spike Strips invisible

m4

Just now, Wirbelwind said:

I honestly believe that this is just a sync issue with object spawning and how it works. I've seen spike strips deployed twice (to my knowledge) and they showed up on my screen just fine.

However, whether they have shown up on other people's end, I have no way of knowing or telling.

Both on my end and his end the spike strips didn't show up.

Just now, Tseard said:

You sought clarification if the spike strips that cops use are invisible. They are not as proven in the screenshot that I just took minutes ago. That instance was just broken and it is unfair. I don't know how it has happened but I just literally placed down multiple spikes in all sizes and they are all visible.

it's a bug that happened, why are you trying to put the thread down so much? take it somewhere else if you honestly believe this is something that can never happen again, because it will happen again

1 minute ago, m4 said:

Both on my end and his end the spike strips didn't show up.

it's a bug that happened, why are you trying to put the thread down so much? take it somewhere else if you honestly believe this is something that can never happen again, because it will happen again

I am not trying to do that at all. You made a thread about all spikes being invisible and how unfair that is. This is the first complaint that I saw about that on the forums since the equipment was used. I went ahead and went in game to test it for you to see if it was indeed a bug. Following the testing, I saw all the spikes and there were no issues on my end. What I am telling you is that this is a one time instance where the spikes were invisible. What is there else to discuss? I have not seen anyone complain about it yet so far on the forums or in-game and if they do witness it and they do feel like it is unfair, they can make a report and a bug report. That is how you solve bugs. Not by posting it in general discussions.

Edited by Tseard
Just now, Tseard said:

I am not trying to do that at all. You made a thread about all spikes being invisible and how unfair that is. This is the first complaint that I saw about that on the forums since the equipment was used. I went ahead and went in game to test it for you to see if it was indeed a bug. Following the testing, I saw all the spikes and there were no issues on my end. What I am telling you is that this is a one time instance where the spikes were invisible. What is there else to discuss? I have not seen anyone complain about it yet so far on the forums or in-game and if they do witness it and they do feel like it is unfair, they can make a report and a bug report. That is how you solve bugs.

It's definitely not the first time this bug has happened because I've had a similar situation happen to me (I didn't record it or anything because I didn't actually hit the spikes but they were quite clearly deployed)

The fact that you've managed to deploy them successfully on your screen doesn't change the fact that there's literal proof that they don't show up for the people who are getting hit by them, which makes it pretty unfair on the person who gets hit by them if they don't even have a chance to avoid them

Just now, friendlyman said:

It's definitely not the first time this bug has happened because I've had a similar situation happen to me (I didn't record it or anything because I didn't actually hit the spikes but they were quite clearly deployed)

The fact that you've managed to deploy them successfully on your screen doesn't change the fact that there's literal proof that they don't show up for the people who are getting hit by them, which makes it pretty unfair on the person who gets hit by them if they don't even have a chance to avoid them

Was a bug report made? I have not seen one yet on the forums about it. How are developers aware of the issue when it's not reported?

Just now, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

If we removed everything that had an issue with sync, we wouldn't have much.

there's a difference between issues with sync and straight up advantages with sync...

Just now, m4 said:

there's a difference between issues with sync and straight up advantages with sync...

Then why not create a bug report and a report on the forums to get it sorted? A general discussion is not a bug report or a forum report.