Clarification on arson and it's OOC regulations.

Howdy!

Had a situation earlier today where IC events led to one of my characters wanting to burn an old abandoned vehicle he was passed down for free, I went through the process of collecting the items for the job, RP'd everything needed and took screenshots as evidence.

I conclude the RP and sent off a /report asking for permission to have "fire props" placed and FD informed but was shut down, the reason being it's normally reserved for faction beef and if I wasn't in a faction "beef" I wouldn't be able to torch the car, was then told I wouldn't be able to apply for permission on the forums even if I felt the reason was justifed.

As a quick heads up the vehicle in question is MINE OOC, the only loss OOC would of been on me for trashing the vehicle, this wasn't a stolen vehicle and the only "victim" if you'd even wanna call it that is me, nobody else. 

Reason I'm here is because I'm confused, FD openly say on their feedback thread they're perfectly fine with players starting fires as long as it's RP'd right and they have the numbers, hell they almost seem to encourage it but if it's policed just as harsh if not harsher than a CK how is the average player supposed to have a fire started? I feel like I'm either missing something here or I'm being misinformed. 

Spoiler

The followup statement later confused me even more:

unknown.png

Where's the line, what are we allowed to torch and what's off limits? 

I'd be willing to take the loss on it being a big event for FD and be my own personal RP but that isn't that allowed either?

Once again, confused, and I'd love some clarification.

As a footnote I'm not calling you out Jonsey! Just had varying opinons and wanted something concrete so players aren't accidentally breaking rules. 

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 1

Here are the rules.

f9f3e75ff567a38286c03db2faa36106.png

This is from my experience with dealing with arsonists. There will somehow someway be some sort of notification to the FD, no matter what it is but in order to do arson you need admin permission and I assume you would need a reason as to why you would like to set fires.

There was an arsonist by the name of "Firebat" months ago and they would set fires to businesses and this gave roleplay for the LSPD and LSFD. There is no limit and no off limits it's 100 percent based off the administrator's decision as to whether you can set something on fire or not. My suggestion, get approval first before you do any roleplay in regards to arson, explain the reasoning but remember that you cannot control the outcome of whether LSFD is notified or not, 99 percent of the time they will be notified.

According to the in-game rule 11, as pointed out above, this only applies to real estate. That means that you should technically be able to set fire to someone else their vehicle without the approval. Especially, considering it is yours only. 

1 hour ago, Frezemis said:

Here are the rules.

f9f3e75ff567a38286c03db2faa36106.png

Trust me I went over the rules way before hand but as you can see in your screenshot, "Destroying another player's proper requires approval from an in-game administrator." doesn't apply to me, this was my OWN property and hell, it wasn't any of the three real estate options listed either so if we was to go black and white with said rule I was way within my rights to torch the car, no questions asked.

1 hour ago, Frezemis said:

There was an arsonist by the name of "Firebat" months ago and they would set fires to businesses and this gave roleplay for the LSPD and LSFD. There is no limit and no off limits it's 100 percent based off the administrator's decision as to whether you can set something on fire or not. My suggestion, get approval first before you do any roleplay in regards to arson, explain the reasoning but remember that you cannot control the outcome of whether LSFD is notified or not, 99 percent of the time they will be notified.

As you can see in the screenshots I provided in my initial post I was told no, not because they didn't agree with my RP or didn't deem the reasoning fit but a flat out no because my character isn't apart of a faction beef, I even asked if I was able to request permission somewhere and was also told no so I'm kinda stumped here,

I'm being told admins decide on the spot by you but being told by an admin himself that I'm not allowed to RP setting anything on fire because I'm not in a strictly illegal faction OOC beef, once again, I'm confused.

Also just for the clarification I had no problem with FD being notified, if anything I WANTED them to be notified because this was all done for RP at the end of the day.

Think the biggest kick in the teeth is FD has random car fires that are spawned by the script when enough of their members are online so they have something to do but a RP'd car fire started by a player isn't allowed on a RP server? Seriously feels like I'm misunderstanding something here because this surly isn't how it's supposed to work, right?

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
41 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

Maybe it was because you asked for the admins to send out a global OOC message about the car fire lighting up? 

never seen this before.

I assumed the same but as you can see in my second screenshot I was denied the RP, even when excluding the server-wide message and a FD response.

• 1 month later...