What are you meant to do when your car is stolen?

I

If you want to know how to figure out if it's a bug or if it is stolen then just send in a /report about it. You can install antitheft on your vehicle which gives you access to a tracker and an immobiliser. Other than that it's all IC and varies character to character. 

I believe there was a command which was /reportstolencar or something along the lines and it basically alerts all LSPD units that your car is stolen and even marks it on the MDC as stolen I think.

After you retrieve it, you can cancel the report with another command.

1 minute ago, Serower said:

I believe there was a command which was /reportstolencar or something along the lines and it basically alerts all LSPD units that your car is stolen and even marks it on the MDC as stolen I think.

After you retrieve it, you can cancel the report with another command.

Sounds like something really unrealistic. I hope this is not a thing.

Why not just have option to call 911 and report stolen vehicle?

Just now, Robis[LV] said:

Sounds like something really unrealistic. I hope this is not a thing.

Why not just have option to call 911 and report stolen vehicle?

Why is it unrealistic? It's actually a lot better because when you call 911 then your car won't be ACTUALLY reported stolen scriptwise, but rather only RP wise. If a car gets stolen in the morning, let's say, and a few cops come online a couple hours later then they'd be able to figure that out without the need for any IC interaction.

You can roleplay a 911 call that you're reporting your car as stolen and then it'd be forwarded to PD as a car theft report. Win-win, pretty realistic, you're simply jumping to conclusions needlessly.  It helps PD know they're dealing with a stolen vehicle in the event of actually pulling the person who stole the vehicle over, because it'll appear to them that it is, indeed, stolen. 

Edited by Serower
2 minutes ago, Serower said:

Why is it unrealistic? It's actually a lot better because when you call 911 then your car won't be ACTUALLY reported stolen scriptwise, but rather only RP wise. If a car gets stolen in the morning, let's say, and a few cops come online a couple hours later then they'd be able to figure that out without the need for any IC interaction.

You can roleplay a 911 call that you're reporting your car as stolen and then it'd be forwarded to PD as a car theft report. Win-win, pretty realistic, you're simply jumping to conclusions needlessly.  It helps PD know they're dealing with a stolen vehicle in the event of actually pulling the person who stole the vehicle over, because it'll appear to them that it is, indeed, stolen. 

What else scriptwise is meeded besides that car is added to mdc? I'm just curious, not jumping anywhere. If you call 911 for stolen car and report it - that means they will get it into the system and show it as stolen. Is it not?

I always though mdc does its scriptwise part in stolen car finding.

Just now, Robis[LV] said:

What else scriptwise is meeded besides that car is added to mdc? I'm just curious, not jumping anywhere. If you call 911 for stolen car and report it - that means they will get it into the system and show it as stolen. Is it not?

I always though mdc does its scriptwise part in stolen car finding.

It doesn't work out that way. If you report a stolen car then usually most you'll get is a BOLO, which is fair because most car thefts never last longer than two hours anyway. But from a more realistic standard, /reportstolencar is a far better option because it actually leaves that in the system temporarily until the owner cancels the report.

I believe even PD has a command to check which cars are reported stolen, but I can't recall much, haven't played in a while. 

• 1 month later...