Gang scene on the sever?

Hey there, making this discussion here. I'm a rather new player coming with huge experience of gang roleplay in specific gangs. I want to know what are your thoughts on the overall gang scene on the server, if it's even existant with proper roleplay. So far I've seen absolute garbage and idiotism and I hope that's not the true colors of the server, maybe I've been unlucky with picking the area of roleplay which is Chamberlain hills, but in my past days of experience I've been met with something you can compare ot Idlewood on lsrp 3 years ago. Players come around with no punctuation, locals start a one man beef against a gang with a bat. Fear of gangs is ignored, fear of pointed guns is ignored. Gang politics so far been non-existent. So far it feels like some Idlewood hub. In one day alone I had to make like 8 reports of failure roleplay, situations got voided but players don't seem to have received any punishment. In my eyes this behavior should be met with an instant ban as crystal clear that the player is not ready to play nor is up to the standards of high rp advertisment.

What I'd like to hear is over-all thoughts of the current gang scene, areas and so on.

There is a “gang scene” present on the server. I think you’ve just been unlucky in the areas you’ve chosen to roleplay. I would recommend getting familiar with the Faction section of the forum to broaden your insight. This is what nervous said in relation your “Idlewood on LS:RP in 2013” comparison.

“There are currently 200 applications per day instead of 50, so it means that while usually we could have 2-3 bad apples coming ingame, we now have x5 this amount so potentially 10 per day. Most of them will give up very quick, the others are banned after a /report. All it takes is 2 minutes of player awareness to /report and let us ban them once we spectate them”

Edited by LennyC

The southside is a mess. They're so much OOC cross over between factions that no real gang politics can take place. Your either in the circles that are friends OOCly or your faction has slim to no chance of succeeding. It's sad that some of the largest and most powerful factions on the server are interconnected OOCly. Funny, some of the Factions who boast about their factions success the most are in reality feeding off OOC deals through discord and I'm not just talking about the gangs on this server, I'm talking about the organized crime factions as well.

The system is rotten and needs to be fixed, Sadly the only fix I see is to archive all the factions who are partaking in it. Sadly that won't happen because it would result in most of the prominent factions being removed.

• Upvote 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 2

Let's be real, LSRP was equally if not more atrocious in terms of "gang politics." You can't spray paint a turd with golden paint and raise it to the air as a trophy. That being said, at the same time I can't pull an example out of my hat of where it was done better. Here, we deal with the situation of players who are here for a laugh roleplaying a stereotype of an ethnic gang member that's been fostered by movies such as "Don't Be Menace in South Central." They are by no means a majority, but they're far more present to the public because they actively drive around looking to cause problems in character to get their kicks OOCly. They're easily dealt with by making a report. However, the other side of the coin is a far more disappointing one which Henning painted a pretty clear image of. Discord seems to be the tool of the trade these days rather than interfaction relationships developed from 0-100 in-character. It's disheartening to say the least, you're almost better off distancing yourself from the situation.

• Upvote 2

Henning & Chef sum it up well.

Like I was just talking with Henning, can only miss the days back in LS when all you'd have to do is finish with your chores, get in game, RP,  and you're out.

Forums would be for the more important stuff, no discord or instant chat app for all the IC chit-chat or setting up IC deals.

Edited by Flow

Personally I believe the gang scene on the server is gradually getting better with the induction of new FM members. A year or so back, it was atrocious. Worse than the state LSRP's gang scene was and is in.

I can definitely tell you that gang politics very much exists on the server. Various gang factions on the server have their own set of enemies / allies and that unfortunately you may have had very bad interactions with non accepted gangs located in Chamberlain Hills. I'm also not a fan of locals not fearing gangs and/or going to war with them one man deep with a bat. It's idiocy and should be reported.

There are various prominent factions that display the rigor we expect in terms of gang roleplay but at the same time there are a bunch, because I'd be lying if I said there weren't, that don't meet that standard. They do get dealt with but in time. The gang roleplay scene in itself is improving on the server and bear in mind when making comparisons to LSRP, the standards there have only recently improved after about ten years of runtime(?), of course it's not where it should be by any means, but there have been drastic improvements and there will continue to be improvements till we're at/we exceed expectations. It's only getting better from here so stick around and indulge yourself where possible, especially if you've got a great background in the illegal roleplay scene! ? 

26 minutes ago, Dios said:

There are various prominent factions that display the rigor we expect in terms of gang roleplay but at the same time there are a bunch, because I'd be lying if I said there weren't, that don't meet that standard. They do get dealt with but in time. The gang roleplay scene in itself is improving on the server and bear in mind when making comparisons to LSRP, the standards there have only recently improved after about ten years of runtime(?), of course it's not where it should be by any means, but there have been drastic improvements and there will continue to be improvements till we're at/we exceed expectations. It's only getting better from here so stick around and indulge yourself where possible, especially if you've got a great background in the illegal roleplay scene! ? 

I'm sorry but I can tell you for a fact that 75% of the factions on the first page of the faction forums are partaking in this type of behavior in some form or another. Illegal RP, while definitely more active is way WAY worse then it was a year ago. Maybe you think things are better because there has been less salt flying around but trust me, that's only because most of these factions are run by or contain the same people. The issues aren't as simple as DMing reports or bad RP, Now we're dealing with people abusing their suppliers on a massive scale, massive asset transfer rings, OOC alliances with little IC basis around them. 

Maybe to you that isn't a big issue, but in the eyes of a brand new player the server just seems rigged and it's just gonna drive away more and more people till it's solved.

• Upvote 2

I've been playing on this server since 2017 and I have yet to interact with an illegal faction that isn't a pseudo-paramilitary organization filled to the brim with DMers whose characters have the physical prowess of superman. I've also come to terms with the fact that character development for these people, as well as passive role-play around their neighborhoods is too much to ask for, as people would just rather drive the map looking for people to start beef with or get into bat fights without any sort of provocation. In terms of the current situation, seeing neighborhoods on the south side with actual people standing around and passive role-playing, instead of abandoning their super-cars bought with money from farming paychecks/ scripted jobs, seems like a pipe dream.