Certain situations irl would be consider DM on the server.

Gloccs

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

Yeah noticed. Fair enough but the guy did not have a full mask on his face so they'd probably rat on him. As for ingame, people usually have masks, they commit the murder or a kidnapping they can change clothes etc.

My concern is, someone sees me kill someone (not in broad daylight and not in front of many people but let's just say I'm seen somehow) and I notice them seeing it was me. I believe that should be a reason to get rid of him before he talks no? 

It's really your fault if gang members were actually doing that, in reality, a lot of people would be dead considering that gang territories are so close to each other in gang-infested neighborhoods. That killing the witness thing is another movie clique it rarely happens in reality unless you're some cartel operative who has killed a billion other people, most people duck and run after they shoot because they're SCARED, that's what people don't understand, most murder charges are 30 to life not forgetting that you're in a position that you might get shot at as well.

Edited by Jola
4 hours ago, santaclaws said:

Well, yeah, OP — you're right. But that's how it has to be. I know these aren't the specific examples you provided in your post, but in real life, school shootings happen often, as do shooting (or killing) sprees rooted in mental illnesses of the perpetrator(s). So it suffices to say it's more than realistic to do so; but should it be allowed? No, of course not. It would lead to the ability for players to just go and shoot a bunch of people when bored and claim their character has mental illness. It brings with it no quality role play, because all they need to do is actually shoot (script-wise) and flee — and probably end up dying to either law enforcement, a gang, or just a concerned citizen. Re-spawn and repeat.

I get your point, OP, but in these types of role play servers admins are tasked with balancing realism with fun. There are many game concessions we have to make all the time, and this will always be the case. While your examples might be realistic, they also infringe on the fun of most players in the server. Pair this with the lack of available enforcement mechanisms from both an out-of-character perspective (i.e. admins having to write up rules, or admins having to enforce and handle these types of situations in-game) and an in-character perspective (i.e. law enforcement has a drastically lower capacity to investigate such situations due to script limitations, as noted by Jola) and what you get is situations which are impossible to control and (probably) turn the server into a team death match server.

This whole post too.

/Thread.

This touched on all of the important points with clarity; expanded on what another has said (and gave them credit); and used a good example — all packaged neatly into a well-written reply.  Well done. 

thing with those clips is, you never get the entire story.  say someone did that stuff IG (the situation in the OP) i'd assume there was history between the two individuals/factions for them to act like that. thats just my take on it. you cant trust short clips like that to tell you the whole story.

I'll lock this. Yes you'll find miracles of people surviving 10 shots in the head, yes you'll find people killing others for no reason in real life. In a world of 7 billions individuals and internet age I don't expect less.

These do not have their place in roleplay. You do not roleplay the 0.000000001%, you do roleplay the 99.99% regular life and behavior.

If you want to roleplay something truly unique that almost never happens IRL, you can contact the staff with your project and we will study it to make sure you're fit to roleplay it. Otherwise ? You're just another DMer or troll that wants to win a situation, that's how I see it.

• Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1