Certain situations irl would be consider DM on the server.

Gloccs

I found this random clip that demonstrates a guy barking at another guy on the sidewalk. However, the dude shot at the guy? Clearly he just DM'd that person if it was taken place in GTAW. So, I guess how far does it go? His reason is clearly unknown from the video why he shot at the dude (8 sec clip) uploaded July 15,2019,  but if someone were to do exactly what you see in the video, pretty sure the player who shot would get ajail.    Apparently the comments section thinks the guy was in the right, "that's what happens when you show up in opp territory playing a diss song on the gang".  However, do this ig and most likely you're getting ajail for DM without a proper cause.  Some would say the 2nd video if it happens ig would be completely unrealistic because of the witnesses around admins would most likely agree and consider it DM.  Some of don't really know what it's really like to be in these kinds of situations unless we've experienced it. So we assume realistically the percentage would be low, but in a poverty area where gangs exist, it's just another day in the area.

7 minutes ago, Lucky said:

If you play rival music at a rival gang's territory and you get shot at, it's a clear provoking and I believe it should be considered a valid cause for a shooting. (Depending on development of course)

It is a clear sign of provoking rivial gang, but to retaliate in that manner in open daylight? If this happens on the server during daylight it might be considered DM.  On that note some actually think 15 year olds and 16 years old don't have the capability to shoot. Like it's unrealistic but skip to 9:11 to 9:32 here.  "Young people are doing the killing now, you hear me, 15 and 16 years old doing the killing and there's a police station around the corner, but they don't care" Clearly again on the server you might face ajail for unrealistic reason/ DM. 

Edited by Gloccs
Just now, Lucky said:

I do believe that the rules should be adjusted a bit regarding a few stuff. What about witnesses? Are we allowed to clap someone who saw us do a murder or a kidnap let's say?

No,  on the second video of the main post did you notice how he got his target and left everyone else still breathing? He literally ran off.

Just now, Gloccs said:

No,  on the second video of the main post did you notice how he got his target and left everyone else still breathing? He literally ran off.

Yeah noticed. Fair enough but the guy did not have a full mask on his face so they'd probably rat on him. As for ingame, people usually have masks, they commit the murder or a kidnapping they can change clothes etc.

My concern is, someone sees me kill someone (not in broad daylight and not in front of many people but let's just say I'm seen somehow) and I notice them seeing it was me. I believe that should be a reason to get rid of him before he talks no? 

6 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Yeah noticed. Fair enough but the guy did not have a full mask on his face so they'd probably rat on him. As for ingame, people usually have masks, they commit the murder or a kidnapping they can change clothes etc.

My concern is, someone sees me kill someone (not in broad daylight and not in front of many people but let's just say I'm seen somehow) and I notice them seeing it was me. I believe that should be a reason to get rid of him before he talks no? 

I guess it depends on the individual in that situation irl, if you're demonic I feel like those guys would just add another body to their list. At the same time, it all depends on how that person will react with what the witness just saw. Some may just beat that person up brutally to the point they suffer from memory loss. Some may leave no witness behind and others may feel guilty taking an innocent life so they just run from the scene, I guess it all depends on the individual in that situation.

Edited by Gloccs

It's considered that because most of the people who RP in gangs don't roleplay murder properly, everyone has this cliche rondo number 9 perspective to murder and the after-effects are not roleplayed, with that being said if the server allows people to just kill for any reason that could be deemed legitimate, everybody would just kill instead of doing other realistic things turning a serious RP server into an RPG, also the PD can't investigate murder due to script limitations, most of the gang members you look up to or research get caught most of the time because law enforcement is very advanced.

Also, those clips you showed, we don't know the context of what happened before both parties and the gangs they belong too may have been beefing for years.

Edited by Jola

Well, yeah, OP — you're right. But that's how it has to be. I know these aren't the specific examples you provided in your post, but in real life, school shootings happen often, as do shooting (or killing) sprees rooted in mental illnesses of the perpetrator(s). So it suffices to say it's more than realistic to do so; but should it be allowed? No, of course not. It would lead to the ability for players to just go and shoot a bunch of people when bored and claim their character has mental illness. It brings with it no quality role play, because all they need to do is actually shoot (script-wise) and flee — and probably end up dying to either law enforcement, a gang, or just a concerned citizen. Re-spawn and repeat.

I get your point, OP, but in these types of role play servers admins are tasked with balancing realism with fun. There are many game concessions we have to make all the time, and this will always be the case. While your examples might be realistic, they also infringe on the fun of most players in the server. Pair this with the lack of available enforcement mechanisms from both an out-of-character perspective (i.e. admins having to write up rules, or admins having to enforce and handle these types of situations in-game) and an in-character perspective (i.e. law enforcement has a drastically lower capacity to investigate such situations due to script limitations, as noted by Jola) and what you get is situations which are impossible to control and (probably) turn the server into a team death match server.

9 minutes ago, Jola said:

It's considered that because most of the people who RP in gangs don't roleplay murder properly, everyone has this cliche rondo number 9 perspective to murder and the after-effects are not roleplayed, with that being said if the server allows people to just kill for any reason that could be deemed legitimate, everybody would just kill instead of doing other realistic things turning a serious RP server into an RPG, also the PD can't investigate murder due to script limitations, most of the gang members you look up to or research get caught most of the time because law enforcement is very advanced.

Also, those clips you showed, we don't know the context of what happened before both parties and the gangs they belong too might have been beefing for years.

This whole post too.

• Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Lucky said:

Depends on the context, where you are and who the actual witness is but if you're caught being sloppy in public I don't think you should be able to gun down everybody who saw it take place.

If you're somewhere out of the way however and someone bumps in to your situation you should at very least order them to stop, if they ignore your instructions at gunpoint then fair play but piling up bodies to cover up a single murder will probably get you caught way faster then actually letting them flee and taking that time to escape yourself.