Educational establishments RP

Briutas

1 hour ago, Mecovy said:

I used to "teach" on lsrp, but it was highly boring and just... meh, but good luck for your project,.

Why was teaching meh? And If someone wanted to do it in a more entertaining way how would you suggest doing that?

8 minutes ago, Briutas said:

Why was teaching meh? And If someone wanted to do it in a more entertaining way how would you suggest doing that?

Because it felt like you left school, only to swap roles and be then trying to teach, It's tiring roleplay for those not actual teachers. It's a lot of work and I don't have the answers you seek.

If there is a college or high school faction in the making, I do hope they make applications a thing like they did with LSSD's prison characters ( big ups to @Jonesy), but I do hope it'll also allow a place for illegal (perhaps hood characters) to RP at.

Edited by HappyToker

I really do like the idea of this, it brings forth an additional aspect of realism involved which can really help elevate this server and a GTA 5 Roleplay experience in general.

From previous experiences however, a long-term high school type educational system wouldn't work that well... Perhaps a few educational classes that many could sign up for themselves and partake in (with or without a fee, that's up for later delegation). These educational classes could stem from a few lectures to multiple lectures spread over the course of following weeks or months even.

Heavy OOC planning would need to be implemented due to the varying timezones etc. but honestly I'd love to teach a few very basic introductory courses myself if presented the opportunity ?

This is one of those ideas that sounds good in theory but doesn't translate into rp well because it's difficult to do right. Similar to hospitals, doing this would require setting standards on the information taught to be realistic. Following that sitting through an actual lecture isn't really that appealing after you've done it a few times. Then add in consideration for timezones/scheduling especially if you try and make it a requirement for faction application. Why do you think most factions do a manual and exam format for initial training? 

I would see more benefit into alluding to classes with a posting of departments/classes/schedules that people could talk about and then focus on the social aspects of college.

Then again I don't think elevating realism is synomous with improved rp experience. I feel if not balanced well it just makes things tedious and limits creativity. 

Edited by TakeTwo
  • 4 weeks later...

If enough people want to play college students, abstract the classes.  Talk about them, like 'oh, my math class is so hard', and spend the rp time doing the socializing, drama, and partying that college students do.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. People who look to be part of a school are just looking for a hub. Just open a campsite. I've roleplayed as a teacher many times and I was pretty dedicated and serious, to only learn that no one gave a single fuck about what I was doing, and no one RPed parental figure fear. Fear of failing class, fear of not having a future, fear of actually turning your student loans and college funds into ash. RP is about portraying realism, not only RPing what suits you.

Edited by Gambler

It'd be nice as a hub, If people can roleplay college lifestyle well. I wouldnt do actual classes. People can they are in a class while they are offline. Maybe having special lectures, like inviting LSPD chief, a prominent ic lawyer, the mayor or an important business owner to give  a speech once in a while, but that should be all

Edited by Lucie
  • 5 months later...
  • mj2002 locked this topic