Issues with "security" portrayal at businesses.

shiroq

Theoretically speaking, Los Santos should be considered a very dangerous city to live in. So I really wouldn't have an issue with just about everybody carrying a weapon, licensed or not. But in reality, I've been robbed at gunpoint less than 10 times in several 100 hours on GTA W on different characters. During my time as a deputy (roughly 2 months now), I never even had to pull out a gun, never mind actually use it. And it would appear that many LEO rpers both in SD and the PD, who've played the game much longer than myself, share that experience.

So overall, coming from earlier platforms, where I could and would have to shoot people dead in the double figures p. week, I think the mentality around gunplay is pretty solid on GTA W.

Edited by Five-oh

I've been with ES for nearly half a year, I can say my character never had to use her firearm, never fired a round while at work. And I cannot talk for Gruppe 6 but I've never seen them at shootouts or anything of the like. I can count with my right hand the amount of times I've heard ES guards getting involved in shootouts. 

The only non lethal option we have is the flashlight, no I'm not even joking. Our only equipment is the GC firearm because that's all we can have, as Rensai previously stated. Non lethal equipment for guards would be quite nice and handy.

Depending on the person, some attempt to find minimal reasons to start a shootout. I remember at a club 2 dudes assaulted Zachary Berger because he looked at them, that's it. One of them even had a knife, mind you. But fortunately people are more mindful with weapons here, and the STAFF does a good job in enforcing the gun usage. 

Edited by nelsondx

At least in my establishment, Security stay inside a room with a lot of display monitors for our IC CCTV Camera's, and every 15 minutes they go and patrol around the exterior of the establishment in case there are issues outside. They're very much passively there. Not people who are seen or blocking doors. 

3 minutes ago, m4 said:

https://streamable.com/rsez3h

tbh i don't think i've ever had a realistic encounter with security services on here. they ask old men with wrinkles and tattoos for ID because they can't prove they're over 21

Don't agree with the IG live cartel-esque mag dump but your character 100% deserved to be shot, clonking someone over the nut with a hammer isn't foreplay. 

I do agree it's a little weird when door staff ask for ID of someone who's obviously over the age of 21 though, I've had people tell me it's "club policy" so I'm never sure if it's the security's choice or the owner telling them to check EVERYTHING to avoid a potential shitstorm if minors are found drinking in their business. 

It's strange as fuck how security guards on this server often seem to refuse to acknowledge a character's appearance when deciding whether or not to ask them for ID; guards tend to just ID everyone for some reason.

The paramilitary nature of the security companies on the server is also quite strange - you get nightclub security guards wearing 'tacticool' shit (turtlenecks and cargo pants lol) and open carrying a handgun on an actual duty belt. It honestly seems like the people in these companies want to RP being a mercenary or something lol

Just dropping a comment here

I used to manage The Velvet in Rockford once and let me tell you that even security firms on this server bring problems... My bouncer was mob executed at the door because she was beefing with some mobsters afaik. Shit was mad litty but I had to shut down early that day.

First, most club security personnel aren't even in official attire besides a shirt that says "SECURITY" on it let alone carrying an armed weapon ? I understand we're in a world where businesses hire private security companies for this but generally club security are people that work for the club, not a privatized company. Second, there's no need to dress in attire that makes you look like you're in a militia or paramilitary group. I also understand going for a professional look, but that's taking things overboard especially for a club-type setting. A dark t-shirt, cargo pants and work boots would do just fine. You're not supposed to be there to scare people away, contrary to popular belief. The club owner I'm sure wants people to come in, not leave at the door. People are trigger happy, but more often than not, you won't need to pull a weapon as security. If someone comes back to shoot you just because you wouldn't let them in, they need to be reported for awful role play standards rather than you engage in a firefight with them. There are many avenues to take besides pulling the trigger.

*Gets off soapbox* ?

Edited by El Capitan