Issues with "security" portrayal at businesses.

shiroq

So this then provides a really interesting argument. I've attended my fair of club shootings on this server, and I'd say that yeah, while some of them are down to the security guard being a little heavy (and thus, getting arrested - we've done it before!), the majority of club shootings are either clear cut or due to people acting stupid as shit and getting their ass shot up as a result of it, and I'd say that's the majority of club shootings - and that's not necessarily the security's fault. That's the standards of the people they're letting into the club causing the issues; but RP quality checking isn't really a security guard's issue...is it?

39 minutes ago, Robby said:

Can you list situations where this happened and with which "security company?"

I don't really see the need to mention which security company it is. This isn't a bashing thread more of a discussion. Just my two cents on it.

29 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

I don't really see the need to mention which security company it is. This isn't a bashing thread more of a discussion. Just my two cents on it.

I was asking, considering I could probably address points from Executive Securitys side. After all criticism isn't bashing.

All I can say is, that we have high standards. Situations, when, and if they occur, are dealt with accordingly.

I cannot speak for others. If you ever got a problem with how individuals from our company are conducting business on an IC and OOC level, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Edited by Robby

I don't see an issue with security portrayal, but rather an issue with people doing large criminal acts inside businesses as if they're in the middle of the street. IRL, nobody fights inside a club, unless they wanna end up beaten by the guards. All fights are taken outside without the need for guards to tell you that.

The other issue is the lack of a script being knocked out. Currently all fights end up with people laying on the floor without the option to drag them, so it ruins the whole opening. 

The other issue is that IRL, usually after a few hits the fighting stops. Nobody likes to get beaten, whereas here, people fight until they drop dead. 

Additionally, we at Gruppe 6 constantly attempt to discuss with administration possible ways to help security deal with issues using non lethal methods rather than using their gun (which remember, is the only legal tool you can use).

Edited by zaXer.

In the 6 months I rped as security I never used the gun and only two times in extreme cases I actually pulled it out of the holster. Also, I didn't even had to call the cops that many times unless there was a shootout outside or someone was injured. All I needed to do was kick some asses out or communicate with everyone involved to deescalate the situation. I agree with the fact that some guards have questionable roleplay and I witnessed it myself in the past. Not sure if it's about the lack of experience or just the weird need to feel cool. Here's the thing... if LEOs would actually be harsh on the usage of weapons everything would be different. This is not only included on security guards but the general playerbase overall. Everyone seems to be trigger happy when something doesn't go their way and will just pull their gun out shooting a person in cold blood. Why would a legal character do that? That doesn't make any sense at all and it's straight up DM in my book. Both IC and OOC punishments should be made depending on the scenario.

Speaking of fights: In bars it makes sense for a fight to happen but in a club? I've seen quite a lot of people trying to start shit up for no reason and just basically ask for a way to get beaten. Provoking for no reason, trolling etc. I'm not entirely sure how it is nowadays as I hate going to clubs but I believe it's the same.

I still don't understand why tasers are not a thing for security guards yet. Sure, they might not be as effective sometimes but it's better than carrying a gun 24/7. Requests have been made in the past but got ignored. Why's that?

If you're gonna wear a cowboy hat, a tac vest, and blouse your boots on a regular 9-5 guarding a 24/7 or something else in the middle of Mirror Park, I'm absolutely going to laugh at you. Problem isn't PF or abuse, the problem is letting them think they're something super cool and super tactical when in reality they're just rent-a-cops. Don't consider this as bashing either, but the majority of security guards IRL wear regular uniforms and don't deck out in tactical gear to look amazing and ready for war while they guard a 24/7 or a clothing store somewhere in a decent area. 

23 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

If you're gonna wear a cowboy hat, a tac vest, and blouse your boots on a regular 9-5 guarding a 24/7 or something else in the middle of Mirror Park, I'm absolutely going to laugh at you. Problem isn't PF or abuse, the problem is letting them think they're something super cool and super tactical when in reality they're just rent-a-cops. Don't consider this as bashing either, but the majority of security guards IRL wear regular uniforms and don't deck out in tactical gear to look amazing and ready for war while they guard a 24/7 or a clothing store somewhere in a decent area. 

Unfortunately there are a lot of uh...tacticool security companies out there. The way to handle this is to shame them ICly and not hire them.

1 minute ago, Westen said:

Unfortunately there are a lot of uh...tacticool security companies out there. The way to handle this is to shame them ICly and not hire them.

Which is the best way to go about it. Unfortunately these "tacticool" companies attract all the attention for whatever reason. This also hooks into the whole PF thing. If you let people dress tacticool and make them think they're something they're not, of course they'll jump the gun on sits. I mean who doesn't want to be a tacticool security guard taking down a gangbanger with a gun, right?? The whole security guard thing on here is pretty "meh." Too much of a PMC vibe, not enough rent-a-cop vibe which is what it should be.

Edited by JustAnM43

This issue is partially true, most jump the gun and have their tab key prepared. Don’t know what it’s all about but dressing like Spec Ops personnel should be a red flag to business owners since it invites a specific group of players. It’s up to businesses to request the majority of the team to be unarmed if they don’t want to be another crime scene. Though I do understand that the people committing crimes at clubs or bars aren’t the brightest and almost always carry a weapon.