Issues with "security" portrayal at businesses.

shiroq

3 minutes ago, bartman said:

I mean if I was -in- the car when you tried to steal it from me, probably yes because obviously I wouldn't know your real intentions. If it was just in the driveway? Probably not, no. It kinda depends on situation; it's always a last resort in a "Me or them" situation. But I get on how a lot of PF holders here are very gung ho and will just blast anyone for any reason because they know it's "legal" and their characters have 0 remorse for it.

I highly doubt you would pull the trigger let alone aim at someone trying to steal your car irl.  Unless you've experience actually shooting someone.  The "me or them" situation most likely if the time comes to it, you may shit your pants in reality.  Unless again you've experience combat or situations where you were involved with guns being pull and shit.

Just now, Gloccs said:

I highly doubt you would pull the trigger let alone aim at someone trying to steal your car irl.  Unless you've experience actually shooting someone.  The "me or them" situation most likely if the time comes to it, you may shit your pants in reality.  Unless again you've experience combat or situations where you were involved with guns being pull and shit.

I've been shot at, I know the feeling.

14 minutes ago, icarusfeather said:

I don't think the problem here is the security companies, it's the fact that people are abusing their licenses. 

I mean I think there could be more steps taken IC'ly with the security companies to emphasize the fact that using a weapon should be a last resort, not the first option. The amount of headache that comes with a security guard shooting someone is insane in a realistic scenario and even though we don't have those external factors, it should still be approached realistically as if there were.

I do agree that the larger problem is people abusing the fact that they carry a weapon and don't properly RP around that.

Edited by Chief
28 minutes ago, Chief said:

I mean I think there could be more steps taken IC'ly with the security companies to emphasize the fact that using a weapon should be a last resort, not the first option. The amount of headache that comes with a security guard shooting someone is insane in a realistic scenario and even though we don't have those external factors, it should still be approached realistically as if there were.

I do agree that the larger problem is people abusing the fact that they carry a weapon and don't properly RP around that.

You know what's actually pretty funny clubs and bars security do not have guns at all irl.  When was the last time anyone saw a security guard at a club or a bar pulled a gun when there was a fight? I'm pretty sure it's extremely low, because 9 times out of 10 security guards at a club/bar are not strapped.

Edited by Gloccs
Just now, Gloccs said:

You know what's actually pretty funny clubs and bars security do not have guns at all irl.  When was the last time anyone saw a security guard at a club or a bar pulled a gun when there was a fight? I'm pretty sure it's extremely low, because 9 times out of 10 security guards at a club/bar are not strapped.

I guess this depends on a country, bars do not have them mostly, but bigger clubs, least in my country one bouncer on duty usually is strapped, but not visibly.

5 minutes ago, Gloccs said:

It's not as uncommon as you think, depending on the area, however they don't pull their firearm because its a last resort or considered an extreme measure. The last thing an armed security guard wants to do is shoot someone because it's a huge pain in the ass to deal with after the fact. Generally the policies taught by security companies are to deescalate the situation as best as you can, keep yourself out of harms way and call the police as soon as it becomes an issue.

The issue with the server is there are no repercussions to pulling a gun and shooting someone in the name of "providing security". In real life, you'd be scrutinized almost to the same degree as a police officer involved shooting. As a result, armed security guards try to avoid it at all costs. Here in the server however, it's just another day in Los Santos for a security guard to be shooting someone and that's an issue.

Edited by Chief
  • Upvote 1

You hire a security firm to prevent issues on your property. The whole point of security at a club is preventative, though no company effectively does this. Security guards aren’t a deterrent but just another variable. Anecdotal or not I’ve never had an issue at a club where a guard didn’t storm in like Israeli special forces taking everyone at gunpoint only to die or otherwise shrug it off.

Club owners are just as much to blame. They hire these firms instead of opting for a company that actually portrays them right, nor do they hold these companies to any standards. My guard just killed three people on the dance floor? No problem, clean up and reopen in five minutes!

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
49 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Club owners are just as much to blame. They hire these firms instead of opting for a company that actually portrays them right, nor do they hold these companies to any standards. My guard just killed three people on the dance floor? No problem, clean up and reopen in five minutes!

That's where the administration should come into place for poor RP. 

48 minutes ago, Lucky said:

That's where the administration should come into place for poor RP. 

Administrators don’t have to intervene with every facet of life. If the club owners consciously demand for better security companies you have self-regulation and the market would adjust itself accordingly. At least, that’s how capitalism is suppose to work anyway.