NaturalVision Evolved and Graphics Mods

np

Hi, just wanted to spark a discussion on something that I’ve been thinking about recently. A new graphics mod is coming out, named NaturalVision Evolved. It looks fantastic, almost photorealistic. Better than Redux and NVR, at least in my opinion. However, this mod’s trailer has made me think about the opinion people have here on graphics mods in general, like textures, lighting, clouds, weather, etc. Do graphics mods and texture mods make some people’s experience on the server more tumultuous or annoying? Do they enhance it just the right amount? Should screenshots not contain mods in order to not mislead newer players on the look of the game and server?

For the record, I switch between the default game for performance and NVR for looks whenever I play. 

Mod trailer: 

My honest opinion is that any trailer looks better than the actual product, because that’s just marketing 101.

I mean this mod is going to be AMAZING dont get me wrong but it’s hard to place an opinion on a mod that is only at early release.

On 5/19/2020 at 3:00 AM, Bash said:

My honest opinion is that any trailer looks better than the actual product, because that’s just marketing 101.

I mean this mod is going to be AMAZING dont get me wrong but it’s hard to place an opinion on a mod that is only at early release.

Exactly most if not all trailers use high-end hardware that the big majority of the community does not have access to (mostly due to the fact not everyone wants to pay that much for that type of hardware or because they are kids in school who rely on their parents to buy their computer and not all parents are rich af).

Most of the mod trailers I've seen do not compare to what you get in-game, because the higher the quality of the textures the lower FPS you'll get,, for GTA I prefer to aim for a minimum of solid 60fps if I get more, I'm happy. First Person Shooters I aim for 144 or above (since my monitor supports it same goes for my graphics card). But not everyone have the privilege to buy high end hardware or very expensive hardware. I know a lot of people in this community are playing on Laptops, which in comparison to Desktops are significantly weaker in performance especially in graphics (mainly due to heat dissipation limitations also know limited cooling space on laptop versus desktop)

I just want to see one GIANT standardized pack for the community. Maybe not for graphics but at least for tattoo's and exteriors. imagine, the entire community being able to see actual gang tattoo's. For legal RPers or PD to drive into a area and be able to notice signs, tags and customized building exteriors. So much time could be saved and so many more opportunities for RP could be had.

Sadly that's unlikely to happen due to the complicated process of installing mods, especially if you have the retail or epic games version.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Henning said:

I just want to see one GIANT standardized pack for the community. Maybe not for graphics but at least for tattoo's and exteriors. imagine, the entire community being able to see actual gang tattoo's. For legal RPers or PD to drive into a area and be able to notice signs, tags and customized building exteriors. So much time could be saved and so many more opportunities for RP could be had.

Sadly that's unlikely to happen due to the complicated process of installing mods, especially if you have the retail or epic games version.

my d00d thats why we have serverside mods. mods that are standard for everyone on the server.

Just now, Marksman said:

my d00d thats why we have serverside mods. mods that are standard for everyone on the server.

What mods are you talking about?

If there are serverside mods like you said why aren't we adding gang tattoo's for the active factions? Why aren't we updating tags and graffiti? 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Henning said:

If there are serverside mods like you said why aren't we adding gang tattoo's for the active factions? Why aren't we updating tags and graffiti? 

I'm saying serverside mods are possible, which is proven to be true as we've a lot of them on the server. Don't ask me why we're not, that's not my job. I'm just saying those standardized mods you wished for are already a thing.

• Applaud 1
14 minutes ago, Henning said:

The added cars recently, the ZR-380 is a Mod, Serverside. Reason why they did not add it? Could be for two reasons:

1. RageMP Limitation of 0.3.7, might be resolved in 1.1

2. Stability the mods could cause server crash or player crashes, you don't want that trust me.